Need To Get A Burner Phone

All,

I need to get a burner phone- neve had one. Could someone please fill me in on where and what to get?

Thanks for any pointers.

-GF-
They used to sell these cheap prepay $20 phones in a box at Walmart.

Not sure if those are still available. Apps like TextNow and Google Voice are good too.

But a Walmart burner prepaid phone paid with cash and activated with a dummy email is the way to go.
All,

I need to get a burner phone- neve had one. Could someone please fill me in on where and what to get?

Thanks for any pointers.

-GF- Originally Posted by goingfishing
Download TextFree or TextNow app. Pick a number and you could change it time to time. In settings you could turn off notifications sounds and alerts and it’s free. Your real number won’t appear when using it to receive or send calls or messages. There are others but I find these work the best
All,

Thanks for any pointers.

-GF- Originally Posted by goingfishing
I tried the text free method on my Iphone, but I found there was times I needed to call. Maybe away to make that happen but since I am not that tech savvy I went with a track phone from anywhere. You can buy reasonable refill card that lasts 90 days. - That is what works for me. I leave it in my car, so I tell my SO that it is there in case of emergencies.
There are many free text apps.
Tracfone, that's what I was referring to about a cheap phone in the box from Walmart. Been a while since I used one but they are ideal.
I tried the text free method on my Iphone, but I found there was times I needed to call. Maybe away to make that happen but since I am not that tech savvy I went with a track phone from anywhere. You can buy reasonable refill card that lasts 90 days. - That is what works for me. I leave it in my car, so I tell my SO that it is there in case of emergencies. Originally Posted by DeconKeys
Talkatone gives you a number that you can text from and it’s also pretty reliable for receiving and placing calls.
You can get it at Walmart around $25 and comes pre-loaded with some minutes. You can spend $25 reload every 90 days - about $8.50/month. Talk is about $0.25/minute and text is $0.20 each, but you can buy 200 texts for $4.99/month which equates to $15.00 every 90 days for 600 texts and about 40 minutes of talk every 90 days (from the same $25 reload) - if you really need to talk.
I use a TracFone. I got an Android phone a couple of years ago for under $100. Just had to renew which was $100 for the year and includes enough minutes and text to last the year (for me at least). You can buy cards at Walmart with cash which keeps it as anonymous as can be.
I use a TracFone. I got an Android phone a couple of years ago for under $100. Just had to renew which was $100 for the year and includes enough minutes and text to last the year (for me at least). You can buy cards at Walmart with cash which keeps it as anonymous as can be. Originally Posted by justforfun2112
......I use a TracFone to and bye refile cards cash. No Credit Card tracks.. I can shut it off and turn it on when needed...Best way to go IMHO
......I use a TracFone to and bye refile cards cash. No Credit Card tracks.. I can shut it off and turn it on when needed...Best way to go IMHO Originally Posted by mikesdad1089
Literally no cash needed when using Talkatone, Text Free , or Text+. Just download the account and login with your hobby account when you’re ready to play.
Verizon Wireless sells tracfones on ebay that come with a year service and 1200 or 1500 texts and calls plus some data. I buy a new one every year.