Fear of Hobbying

• MrGiz
  • 04-10-2010, 04:12 PM
We continue to see a bunch of paranoia laden posts, in various threads about LE in Arkansas.... why?

A case can be made, comparing The Hobby to Flying.
Many people are afraid to fly, due to the "danger" involved... I suppose, scared to crash. If those people would stop, and take time to realize how many take offs and landings there are, worldwide, every day that happen uneventfully... they would come to realize they are a hell of a lot safer flying, than they are while driving to and from the airport!! If one chooses to fly safe, proven, reputable airlines with proven safety records.... the odds are greatly in your favor that you will never experience the slightest problem! If one chooses to try-out unknown, rented ultralights, with no performance or maintenance/safety record... your chances for adventure of the wrong kind are greatly increased!

There are millions of miles being flown without incident.

There is a whole lot of P4P fuckin' and suckin' going on around us, every day, without incident.

The number of incidents in each , are fractionally nil, compared to the number of successful fuck/flights!

If both sides research and screen properly.... the odds are greatly in your favor of enjoying a long happy time in The Hobby!! PERIOD !!

Now.... GO GIT SUM!!

Giz
I agree. Although I still shy away from new girls posting all the time on BP with local numbers. Mainly stuck with ones I've seen before and girls that travel that google finds many different locations where they have visited for their number.
  • MrGiz
  • 04-10-2010, 04:29 PM
I agree. Although I still shy away from new girls posting all the time on BP with local numbers. Mainly stuck with ones I've seen before and girls that travel that google finds many different locations where they have visited for their number. Originally Posted by newguy2001
So.... I imagine you don't fly ultralights very often, either?
Giz Originally Posted by MrGiz
You say that on the day 97 were killed on a Tupolev Tu-154.
  • MrGiz
  • 04-10-2010, 05:44 PM
You say that on the day 97 were killed on a Tupolev Tu-154. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Naaaaaahhhhh.... that happened yesterday, didn't it?

How many millions flew safely yesterday?
Nope, today...from Google News:

Lech Kaczynski, who died in a plane crash in Russia on Saturday
  • HSP
  • 04-10-2010, 05:59 PM
We continue to see a bunch of paranoia laden posts, in various threads about LE in Arkansas.... why?

Many people are afraid to fly, due to the "danger" involved... I suppose, scared to crash. If those people would stop, and take time to realize how many take offs and landings there are, worldwide, every day that happen uneventfully... they would come to realize they are a hell of a lot safer flying, than they are while driving to and from the airport!! If one chooses to fly safe, proven, reputable airlines with proven safety records.... the odds are greatly in your favor that you will never experience the slightest problem! If one chooses to try-out unknown, rented ultralights, with no performance or maintenance/safety record... your chances for adventure of the wrong kind are greatly increased!

There are millions of miles being flown without incident.

There is a whole lot of P4P fuckin' and suckin' going on around us, every day, without incident.

The number of incidents in each , are fractionally nil, compared to the number of successful fuck/flights!

If both sides research and screen properly.... the odds are greatly in your favor of enjoying a long happy time in The Hobby!! PERIOD !!

Now.... GO GIT SUM!!

Giz Originally Posted by MrGiz

I know this talk of LE is getting old in every thread! I mean really? Come on now, enough is enough.

Thanks!
HSP
...A case can be made, comparing The Hobby to Flying.... Originally Posted by MrGiz
You say that on the day 97 were killed on a Tupolev Tu-154. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005;2 31289
* cpi3000 zips up his pants and heads to church *

What's the time difference between Poland and AR? Over 8 under 12 ahead? It began reporting before midnight CST.

And I wouldn't fly a 20+ year old Tupolev. Would you? Even the Russians don't fly them..so..it's still a credible analogy.

I do agree ..with conditions.
Expand your search. Don't just look at ads in one place. (Because we sure advertise in more than one place!)
Do your research.
Follow your gut.

Busts are more "guerilla warfare" than actual policing. The fear instilled is 100 times more important to them than any arrests made.
  • MrGiz
  • 04-10-2010, 06:34 PM
What's the time difference between Poland and AR? Over 8 under 12 ahead? It began reporting before midnight CST...... Originally Posted by babee
Thanx Babee.... I was taught how to tell time at an advanced age!
I know it's already been a hell of a week.... but I sure as hell thought that was last night!
I know this talk of LE is getting old in every thread! I mean really? Come on now, enough is enough.

Thanks!
HSP Originally Posted by HSP
Here's a quote from Gina off the Mother Ship site (can be found at http://www.eraps.net/showthread.php/...provider/page2, Post #25). I would focus on the sentence in red below. HSP, I do understand the sentiments from both you and Giz, but I think it is important to keep Gina's observation in mind.

However, as BD points out, "we all know P411...has been compromised." The incident that is being referred to happened in Little Rock this spring/summer [2009]. A Basic Plus P411 member was pulled over leaving a session, and gave up his P411 log in information along with his other "screening info". That information was unfortunately then used to cause some legal difficulties for three providers.

Asking for a full name would not have prevented this (they knew his full name), asking for a employer phone number would not have prevented this (the client was now working with them), asking for provider references would not have worked (he was an actual client up until that point, with lots of references).

The only thing that could have possibly prevented the situation was if the provider asked to check that the "client" had photo identification to match the Client Id.

bob-01-a-0000
(bob) first name on dl
(01) DAY of birth on dl
(0000) last four digits on something else in wallet

Of course, fake id could be made to match, but that's throwing an extra wrench in there that lowers the possibility of running into trouble.

If it's any consolation, I can tell you that in all of my years in this industry I've never seen a task force as interested and focused on our sector of the industry as they are in Little Rock. Usually a basic, thorough screening can eliminate 99.9% of the risk.

So what I'm trying to say is that NO method of screening is foolproof. There are many tools available to help providers (and clients) screen potential visits, and I encourage everyone to do as much screening as they feel is possible to keep themselves safe.

Sincerely,
Gina

PS: we have not even been contact by L.E. in order to "work" with them.... if we ever were, I would be directing them to come meet with my lawyers here in Canada, since i have nothing to offer them.
  • MrGiz
  • 04-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Look at the "real" numbers.... just the facts.... and you will find there is a whole lotta safe strange P4P sex happening out there , every day! If you have a fear of something... stay the phuck away from it!

We get it.... we really do.... we just don't understand the purpose of the continued fear rhetoric!
stay the phuck away from it! Originally Posted by MrGiz
I am staying away...I really am. But I guess you want me to be quiet about it, too.
  • MrGiz
  • 04-10-2010, 08:05 PM
I am staying away...I really am. But I guess you want me to be quiet about it, too. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Nevermind.... you're quite free to voice your concerns.... as often as you feel is informative.... Hell... even more if you'd like to! Sorry....

Thanx for all of the warnings....