Too much government? Maybe this is why.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...aw-banning-it/

Fairfax police ticket cars waiting for inspection.
Fukin bitch.

Working for a dirt bag city that pulls shit like this.
The dirty "D"s of Fairfax County... http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/elections/elected.pdf

• Old-T
  • 04-07-2016, 06:20 PM
Of course, the elected officials were not the ones pulling this crap--but what does that matter to IIFFy. Well, quite honestly, nothing.

But getting back on topic, this is not an isolated incident in the greater DC area. As with may areas they have gone to using a single machine per block to pay your parking and get a receipt to put in your window. Over the past couple years there will be meter maids waiting near the end of the street, and when they see someone park and start walking towards the machine in the middle of the block they will run to the car and write a ticket before the person can return with the receipt.
Of course, the elected officials were not the ones pulling this crap--but what does that matter to IIFFy. Well, quite honestly, nothing.

But getting back on topic, this is not an isolated incident in the greater DC area. As with may areas they have gone to using a single machine per block to pay your parking and get a receipt to put in your window. Over the past couple years there will be meter maids waiting near the end of the street, and when they see someone park and start walking towards the machine in the middle of the block they will run to the car and write a ticket before the person can return with the receipt.
Originally Posted by Old-T
Whiffy is like a one way street.
Gotta pay for that bloated government some way.
Gotta pay for that bloated government some way. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Lack of common sense causes a bloated government.
  • DSK
  • 04-08-2016, 09:59 AM
Lack of common sense causes a bloated government. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
That and a few other things....
Which bloated government are you talking about? The Federal government? Or the county government? Seems like some of you believe that Fairfax County, VA, is the federal government.

I thought you were in favor of local control...

That said, I agree they're fucked up. Maybe if Congress would ... {}
Yes, I am in favor of local government doing the bare minimum just like the federal government.
It is all bloated, always growing, and always seeking what you love, CONTROL.
One of the biggest issues with all of government in the US is the desire to control the people rather than the people controlling the government.
Ticketing cars and trucks waiting in line for paying a vehicle use tax, some call it an inspection which means little to nothing when it comes to public safety, is just another indicator of a government desperate for the additional cash to continue the growth of government and the expansion of their control.

Or
She was just trying to meet her quota and like most lazy ass democrats did the least possible..

Is there an article about this from a credible website? I like to research such topics.
  • Old-T
  • 04-08-2016, 03:17 PM
I am not aware of any article. I have had three of these, two of which I eventually beat.

Same thing happens in NYC and I am 1 for 2 there.

I have sat at the local Starbucks in the morning and watched them. A couple of times I took my camera and photographed it: guy/gal gets out of their car, walking towards machine, meter maid/guy walks fast towards their car, guy/gal returns with receipt. All time stamped--time span typically 4-6 min. Offered the sequence of photos to the poor person being harassed. Most took the copies offered, don't know what happened in those cases.
I am not aware of any article. I have had three of these, two of which I eventually beat.

Same thing happens in NYC and I am 1 for 2 there.

I have sat at the local Starbucks in the morning and watched them. A couple of times I took my camera and photographed it: guy/gal gets out of their car, walking towards machine, meter maid/guy walks fast towards their car, guy/gal returns with receipt. All time stamped--time span typically 4-6 min. Offered the sequence of photos to the poor person being harassed. Most took the copies offered, don't know what happened in those cases. Originally Posted by Old-T
That is horrible. I've had to pay for parking at one of these Satellite kiosks (which must use either cell phones or sat phones) and the lines have been 15 people long and people's credit card transaction won't process because of telcom problems and everyone is begging everyone else for a crisp $5 bill the machine won't reject.

I'm surprised nobody has taken out a cell phone, started recording and confronted the meter maid about their actions.

It's a democrat hell hole sanctuary city and you are one of the parasites.

Waller in your pig sty, 0zombie...