Is the engagement ring an outdated concept?

How many of you guys truly buy into the importance of the escrow payment that an engagement ring represents? Isn't it pretty much outdated in this era of male/female equality?
  • WTF
  • 05-30-2013, 11:07 AM
I think Uncle Han should buy you one!
But he isn't a fag like you.
  • WTF
  • 05-30-2013, 11:41 AM
If you want an engagement ring it will have to come from your asian sex worker. Be a perfect fit, he is looking for a green card and you are looking for cheap ass to take advantage of!
If you want an engagement ring it will have to come from your asian sex worker. Be a perfect fit, he is looking for a green card and you are looking for cheap ass to take advantage of! Originally Posted by WTF
I was talking about men giving engagement rings to women - I'm opposed to gay marriage, you goylard.
Honestly, I've never seen the purpose of an engagement ring. Why do you need the ring to honor a promise to marry someone? I don't follow the logic.

Why are you opposed to gay marriage? Do you have a real reason or do you just hate gays?
Honestly, I've never seen the purpose of an engagement ring. Why do you need the ring to honor a promise to marry someone? I don't follow the logic. (I suppose when women "couldn't work" it served some sort of economic reason, such as security) Can you imagine getting married to a Marine fighter pilot and giving her a ring. Does she need your protection and support? Theoretically, she should be a bad ass mother fuckin hotshot.)

Why are you opposed to gay marriage? Do you have a real reason or do you just hate gays? Originally Posted by sexxytexxan
I hate gays, which is in fact a real reason. I also hate liberals, and just about everything the US government does these days.
Even though I hate gays, I don't care what WTF and Randy4Dicks do to each other on their own time, whether they fuck each other in the ass, lick each others dicks, or throw in a tranny for their daily threesome. I don't think redfining marriage and giving special rights to faggots is a smart thing to do.
Society is better off with the don't ask don't tell concept. Kids are better off raised by two loving, straight parents - a real mommy and daddy.
If no family is involved, getting married is a stupid waste of time and a mere political concept the faggots and liberals are pursuing in their quest to "better" society when in fact they are ruining it.
How many of you guys truly buy into the importance of the escrow payment that an engagement ring represents? Isn't it pretty much outdated in this era of male/female equality? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
I think the idea is probably indeed outdated as we approach a time of male/female equality.

However, we all know dudes still do things because their chicks like/want it (and vice versa).

I never saw my engagement ring as a down payment. I know if we ever got disengaged, I would've asked for the ring back.

I hate gays, which is in fact a real reason. I also hate liberals, and just about everything the US government does these days.
Even though I hate gays, I don't care what WTF and Randy4Dicks do to each other on their own time, whether they fuck each other in the ass, lick each others dicks, or throw in a tranny for their daily threesome. I don't think redfining marriage and giving special rights to faggots is a smart thing to do.
Society is better off with the don't ask don't tell concept. Kids are better off raised by two loving, straight parents - a real mommy and daddy.
If no family is involved, getting married is a stupid waste of time and a mere political concept the faggots and liberals are pursuing in their quest to "better" society when in fact they are ruining it. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
I don't view gays asking for the right to marry who they want as asking for something extra. I see it as them wanting the same rights that heterosexual couples have (being able to marry the partner they want).

The idea that kids are better off raised with straight parents simply isn't true. What's more important is stability in upbringing more than anything else.

Marriage is just a social contract between two people which our society gives special recognition and benefits to that relationship.
I hate gays, which is in fact a real reason. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
It's not a real reason, though. Just because you hate a particular group doesn't mean that they deserve fewer privileges than you. A real reason would be a logical conclusion that ends with straight people deserving and gay people not.

I don't think redfining marriage and giving special rights to faggots is a smart thing to do. Society is better off with the don't ask don't tell concept. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
The "definition" of marriage varies widely on who writes it. What I mean is that the actual wording goes back and forth between "a man and a woman" and "two people." Regardless, it wouldn't be a special right. It would be an equal right.

Kids are better off raised by two loving, straight parents - a real mommy and daddy. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Why? I know plenty of shitty couples that are comprised of a man and a woman. I honestly have met only one dysfunctional gay couple ever. So, why are kids better off with straight parents?

If no family is involved, getting married is a stupid waste of time and a mere political concept the faggots and liberals are pursuing in their quest to "better" society when in fact they are ruining it. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Why is it a waste of time? Who's time are they wasting?
How are they ruining society? In what way does it ruin society for two homosexuals to get married?

I don't view gays asking for the right to marry who they want as asking for something extra. I see it as them wanting the same rights that heterosexual couples have (being able to marry the partner they want).

The idea that kids are better off raised with straight parents simply isn't true. What's more important is stability in upbringing more than anything else.

Marriage is just a social contract between two people which our society gives special recognition and benefits to that relationship. Originally Posted by jbravo_123
Yeah. That.
You are quite the cunt, aren't you JINO!

As much hate as you harbor for fellow man, woman and child, one could almost swear you never read the Ten Commandments, let alone saw the movie!

Please just leave this forum, you disgrace!
You are quite the cunt, aren't you JINO!

As much hate as you harbor for fellow man, woman and child, one could almost swear you never read the Ten Commandments, let alone saw the movie!

Please just leave this forum, you disgrace! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Fuck you, you pathetic example of the lower end of our people, you fucking pisher, you faggoty shlemiel.
Mario Williams thinks engagement rings are BS....LOL

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/applyin...161200327.html
You cheap prick.

You'll do anything to save a buck on a woman, won't you?
  • Old-T
  • 05-30-2013, 10:35 PM
You cheap prick.

You'll do anything to save a buck on a woman, won't you? Originally Posted by ExNYer
I do suspect you have identified the real reason he is against them.
what pisses me off, I spend $2000 on a diamond 40 years ago, then when I went to sell my gold ring, I got $80 for it,

life is just fair