Paul McCartney

There is no question that guy is blessed with an incredible amount of talent.

But if you only knew of him and his music after the Beatles, how would he be rated ? Not many interesting or memorable songs. Kind of sing along type songs.

Maybe it's like Scotty Pipen and Michael Jordan. Almost unique together. As solo acts, something gets lost.
When the Beatles split he lost the person who he had a creative energy with. Sometimes it takes others to make us better. Plus, the Beatles did push a big change in music and musical culture. You can't ride that creative wave for forever.
He is no Michael Jackson.
Post Beatles he sold over 4 million albums...nah nobody would know him.
I was hoping this was a R.I.P. thread...for the OP and the topic of the thread.
He sold that many albums because of his past reputation.

Other poster is right about the creative energy and the push by others. Before the Sgt. Pepper album, many were saying the Beatles had done their best work. Reply from Paul: "Just you wait.". That shows the competitiveness, even in music. Don't know if Paul and John had a competitive situation going on underneath. George was frustrated many times because he wasn't asked to contribute beyond his role. Until the Indian sitar music, where he shined and was wanted.

George never connected or understood the reason for Beatlemaniia. Thousands of fans in the streets outside their hotel when on tour. Hundreds of screaming girls at the concerts. Front page of every English newspaper day after day. Beatle, Beatle, Beatle, Beatle every day.....
I was hoping this was a R.I.P. thread...for the OP and the topic of the thread. Originally Posted by notanewbie
No such luck.....
I was hoping this was a R.I.P. thread...for the OP and the topic of the thread. Originally Posted by notanewbie
Excellent reference by: eibwenaton
Nothing but a piece of the most over rated band ever.
4 out of the 10 top rated albums of all time. (per Rolling Stone)
  • bvz
  • 01-20-2018, 05:21 PM
Paul McCartney and Wings was pretty good, so was his contribution to the Live and Let Die soundtrack. His concerts are great, nearly three hours of McCartney and Beatles hits.
He is no Michael Jackson. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
He & Mikey did a duet, is a cute song.
All the kiddies loved it.
Who would of thunk.
Mikey & Paulie, & wifey playing scammers in the video.