San Antonio Steakhouses

I will be in San Antonio next week, and seeing how much I like fine dining, especially at Steakhouses, I wanted to get input on which places I should go. Give me your top 3. I did a little research, and here are some that look good (I left Ruth's Chris & Morton's off list because I go there enough in my home town):
Bohanan's
Fleming's
Little Rein
Ounce
Palm
Perry's

Thanks'
Mike
our favorite...
(I think I read likinikki likes it too..)

http://grey-moss-inn.com/

for downtown------Little Rhein definitely

and ys know what --- some of the higher end hotels downtown have great food.....
wild fish....awesome but pricey
Can't rate it against Bohanan's, Fleming's, or the Palm; but I'm partial to Texas Land & Cattle's signature hickory-smoked, pepper-crusted sirloin medallions! Don't get it any more done than medium, though, or it turns out too dry, as a result of the smoking.
Bonahan's is my fav, unless I want to sit outside on The Riverwalkand people watch, then Little Rhein. Though I've not been to Grey Moss Inn
The barn door. Doesn't get any better in my opinion.
Here is my fav "Saltgrass"
Flemings...been there several times. The manager stopped at my table once and mentioned that the head guy used to own several Ruth's Chris in California. You can tell....the steaks are done in the same way as RC....the 1500-1600 degree oven finished with butter and served still sizzling. I would actually rate Flemings 1/2 point below RC.

Bohanan's...probably the fanciest of the lot you listed. The steak I had there alone was $120....not a Kobe....some special dry aged Midwestern cut. It was amazing, but I have grown to love the way RC cooks their steaks....sizzling with the butter.

Wild Fish...also very good....very RC-like.

Ounce....was also very good. I had a Kobe there and it was great....but again, I miss the RC style of cooking.

Kirbys......you left this one off....1604 & Stone Oak....steaks are good....but they have the most awesome crabcake I've ever had. It's huge.....I would recommend that place strictly for it's crabcake.

Texas Land & Cattle, Saltgrass, Texas Roadhouse, Longhorn....I like Saltgrass best out of this tier, but they are the Junior Varsity of Steakhouses.....nowhere close to the Prime Steakhouses mentioned.

I did find a new favorite....the original Pappas Brothers Prime Steakhouse in Houston.....I would give this place a slight edge to all others I have been to.
The Roaring Fork is cool as well. I like Kirby's and Flemings. Quite frankly I find Ruth's Chris to be over rated. Have not had a good experience there in a long time. Not sure why but even after all this the best steak is the one I've cooked myself in my back yard!
Bohannons, downtown across from the Majestic theater
I am going to Chamagaucha this evening, I heard this is a upscale steakhouse place with top notch service. Very pricey as well, remember you have to pay to play! Location 1604 and stone oak area. Bon Apetit!
http://www.chamagaucha.com/

enjoy!!..
and from what I hear --- it is best NOT to eat at least 24 hours before going there..........
My favorite places to dine for steak/veal/lamb and good wine!

Bohanan's-excellent!
Biga on the Banks- excellent!
WildFish- excellent! Good Oysters too!
Silo-Very good food & nice bar downstairs with live music. (check the rest. website for details)

I will be in San Antonio next week, and seeing how much I like fine dining, especially at Steakhouses, I wanted to get input on which places I should go. Give me your top 3. I did a little research, and here are some that look good (I left Ruth's Chris & Morton's off list because I go there enough in my home town):
Bohanan's
Fleming's
Little Rein
Ounce
Palm
Perry's

Thanks'
Mike Originally Posted by bigclitluvr
Thanks for the recommendations, its a shame I will be eating alone.....
Mike
1bohanans
2little rein
3florines kitchen