Guidelines #3 and #4 What does it mean to you to be respectful and not insulting?

We are all offended on different levels for different reasons.

Two guidelines are in place to suggest we not insult each other or display hostility and that we are respectful to each other.

Yet everyday people are insulted as well as disrespected.

Your MOD staff seems to be very selective in how they choose to apply the guidelines.

If you have some examples to share and do not want to post openly feel free to PM them....
I could have avoided all this BS simply by not saying anything about TS'S? Why didn't somebody PM me telling me it was a sore (Butt hurt) subject with JCM800? I feel very let down.
So has the phrase "butt hurt" been added to a do not use metaphor list along with "candy" and "doughnut squad/pastry boys"?
So has the phrase "butt hurt" been added to a do not use metaphor list along with "candy" and "doughnut squad/pastry boys"? Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
"doughnut squad/pastry boys" ? Can you link to an example of that?
UC Now you tell me I can't call anyone, no less a Montard, butt hurt and I have already done it once today and was close to doing it again.

So has the phrase "butt hurt" been added to a do not use metaphor list along with "candy" and "doughnut squad/pastry boys"? Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Go for it Rand,
if you get points ask to transfer them to me.
My last set expires in a few weeks
"doughnut squad/pastry boys" ? Can you link to an example of that? Originally Posted by Whispers
I got a warning for using the phrases, also "candy".

The candy phrase was from when Gemma got banned a few months ago, back when mods were closing threads and handing out points like candy. Similarities abound.

But for the pastry/doughnut boys, apparently someone thinks the use of those phrases might draw undue attention to the board from our local leo. As if there aren't a couple trolling for data all the time anyway. I use these phrases when I think appropriate, and there's been several incidents over the last year or so where hobby meets civie world that have been mentioned on the board here.
Here's one. There's a bunch more.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...ghlight=pastry

The candy phrase was from when Gemma got banned a few months ago, back when mods were closing threads and handing out points like candy. Similarities abound.

But for the pastry/doughnut boys, apparently someone thinks the use of those phrases might draw undue attention to the board from our local leo. As if there aren't a couple trolling for data all the time anyway. I use these phrases when I think appropriate, and there's been several incidents over the last year or so where hobby meets civie world that have been mentioned on the board here.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...ghlight=pastry Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
I had some interactions with the MODs here a few years back when they were censoring information that was publicly accessible. Sounds like they are still at work deciding what people can talk about....

They were corrected that time.... Shame they fell back into the habits
I remember that post very well and I know the old Benjamin complex but seriously were you given points for saying that comment about sugar, eggs, and flour. You do know it is still unsolved and basically forgotten
How does one learn more about the "rules" that are specific to this Montard or is it the city's boards? Are you unable or unwilling to accept PM's?

Thanks for your input.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...ghlight=pastry Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
I had some interactions with the MODs here a few years back when they were censoring information that was publicly accessible. Sounds like they are still at work deciding what people can talk about....
They were corrected that time.... Shame they fell back into the habits Originally Posted by Whispers
Exactly. And it fits other similar patterns, situations, trains of thought, etc.
Some of DG's WW2 makeovers come to mind. Those were DG's weren't they? I haven't seen one in a while.
The more I read the more I see a couple of possible patterns..... A few people have volunteered some info.....

It's a shame that there exists those afraid to speak up simply because they do not believe a MOD's actions can not be questioned.