The economy is DOWN-Freebie fishing is UP

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Eccie audience,

I've seen alot of clients with less then sub par economic conditions expect more for thier dollar. Some clients do it in a very sly way.

Theres a part in a movie called "Jewel of the Nile" when Danny Devito is chasing Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas. Danny finally gets the huge green diamond and then accuses Michael Dougles of trying to romance Kathleen into trusting him. Danny sais to MIchael: "I'm a thief! I'm stealing the stone. Atleast I'm not trying to romance it out from under her."

(as if people who use romance to get things is the worse kind of crime.)
Danny is a tried and true yet honest thief.
MIchael is accused of being a bad guy because he tried to use manipulation to get what he wanted.

The reason for me mentioning that part of the movie is simple. It reminds me of some of my clients. With current economic conditions, alot of people are cutting back on Hobbying. So what I'm seeing more of are clients trying to be my "friend." A friend with benefits. Some clients are even trying to romance me,and say they have feelings for me. When, lets be honest, I know their current economic situation has become pretty bad, and they won't be able to AFFORD to see me.

I have more respect for the "Dannys" who tell me upfront,look next year I have to put my kid in college and I was wondering,since we have such great chemistry,would you be willing to have a NSA relationship with me? Because honestly, I won't be able to afford to pay you, and I just can't bare to go without your body.

VS.

The Michaels. The ones who lie and say they have true feelings for me when I know they are just using that as a manipulation to get freebies. The michaels should just be upfront, like the Dannys. The more you lie the more I dislike you....

So Ladies, have you ever seen a man who tried to get freebies off of you because he could no longer afford to pay you?

If so, did he do it in an honest, upfront, Danny type of way?
Or did he use manipulation and romance b.s?

Men, have you ever been in a situation where you could no longer afford to hobby yet you really, really wanted to see the lady still?

If so, what did you do? How did you go about it?
So Ladies, have you ever seen a man who tried to get freebies off of you because he could no longer afford to pay you? Originally Posted by incognito isis
No. The men I see are financially well-off and have no problem paying to see me.

However, I do have a problem with guys that I've seen just once asking me for OTC time (out to dinner, a movie.. etc).
I cannot fathom trying to scam a freebie.

Like any other thing I spend discretionary income on, if those funds dry up then I go without. I would never jeopardize a credit rating, paying bills, eating, or having a roof over my head for companionship.
First of all it would be totally tacky as hell to expect a provider to give a freebie. After all, she has a life to live and bills to pay and perhaps a family to support. It's guys like that that give the hobby a bad name. If you can't afford to pay your provider, that's disrespectful to her and just shows her how little you think of her and in that case, use your damn hand and do it yourself. LOL.
yes I have had clients who said to me: next time I will take you to dinner. And I'm thinking to myself, uh ok, am I gunna get paid for this extra time I'm spending with you???
Men, have you ever been in a situation where you could no longer afford to hobby yet you really, really wanted to see the lady still?

If so, what did you do? How did you go about it? Originally Posted by incognito isis
Many, many, many years ago I was - to the point I lost credit cards because of spending too much on this. I was a newbie, intimidated by the women, and it never occurred to me to try to get a discount. Of course, that was before the Internet Age of P4P, and generally speaking it was seen as more of a physical act rather than GFE. That is part of what introduced the idea of FWB in this context.

Today, there are ladies I'd like to see but I'm unwilling to pay their rates. It's not so much a financial constraint, I normally can spend the amount in question, as not wanting that appointment as much as I want something else I could do with the money. I may be willing to pay even more to see another, particular lady. Of course, if my financial situation worsened, "unwilling" might become "unable."

Theoretically, it might be beneficial to both parties in that situation to agree to an appointment at a rate lower than her normal rate. For example, if she'd like a little bit more business than she gets at her published rate but doesn't want to drop her public rate and give up the difference with all the guys willing to pay the higher rate. But I usually can't tell whether offering me a discount would be beneficial to her -- she might not want a little bit more business resulting from that. It would be presumptuous for me to think I know her business better than she does. And it's difficult, perhaps impossible, to even bring up the idea without significant risk of giving offense.

I haven't been faced with the "unable" situation in a long time. But whether "unwilling" or "unable," my reaction is probably going to be the same: either look for someone else to see (might even be a higher rate, that I'm willing to pay for a particular lady) or go without. I'm a married man; I'm very used to the latter.

Most likely, I wouldn't even mention that I had stopped seeing her because I couldn't afford to -- it would feel too much like begging, or self-pity, or a passive-aggressive way of pressuring her for a discount. I may be an arrogant, obnoxious, prickly, opinionated curmudgeon . . . but I still have my pride.

All hypothetical at the moment. If and when I actually reach that point, who knows how I'll really respond.
Isis stand your ground ..there are no freebies ..It doesn't matter whether hes regular or newbie ..sex or just date the rate is the same.
I haven't been faced with the "unable" situation in a long time. But whether "unwilling" or "unable," my reaction is probably going to be the same: either look for someone else to see (might even be a higher rate, that I'm willing to pay for a particular lady) or go without. I'm a married man; I'm very used to the latter.

Most likely, I wouldn't even mention that I had stopped seeing her because I couldn't afford to -- it would feel too much like begging, or self-pity, or a passive-aggressive way of pressuring her for a discount. I may be an arrogant, obnoxious, prickly, opinionated curmudgeon . . . but I still have my pride. Originally Posted by Chevalier
+1

Despite what they say, it is still pu$$y, whether purchased at $100 or $5,000. A roll in the hay is just that: just a roll in the hay.
There are men that try to scam for freebies or extra time but normally they are caught on pretty quickly(at least by me). My clients have no problem paying my fee but from time to time I get an email asking for discount or wanting to book 2 hrs and then wanting me to stay 3hrs plus for the same rate. Normally I never see them again and leave when my time is up.
Never had that happen would'nt know how to handle it.
Guys who ask for freebies generally ask a group of ladies and see which ones fall for it. They all give the same "story".

Some ladies do it, and are really sad to see he has went and actually paid for it with someone else with a shiny new review to go with it.

Just say no.
I have been seeing the same Provider for well over a year, on a weekly basis. I simply refer to Her as my ATF

I doubt any two people can be more comfortable with each other. But I have an iron clad agreement with Her. I will never ask for, and she will never offer, Her time with me with no compensation.

That way, the lines do not get blurred.
I have been seeing the same Provider for well over a year, on a weekly basis. I simply refer to Her as my ATF

I doubt any two people can be more comfortable with each other. But I have an iron clad agreement with Her. I will never ask for, and she will never offer, Her time with me with no compensation.

That way, the lines do not get blurred. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I have the same deal...except no ATF and never see the same provider.
There are men that try to scam for freebies or extra time but normally they are caught on pretty quickly(at least by me). My clients have no problem paying my fee but from time to time I get an email asking for discount or wanting to book 2 hrs and then wanting me to stay 3hrs plus for the same rate. Normally I never see them again and leave when my time is up. Originally Posted by CarlaBrazil

OMG I think the guy who contacted u contacted me! I had a guy email me and he wanted to pay me the 1 (ONE) hour rate but he wanted me to stay the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He rationalized that if I were to spend the night for my 1 hour rate he would make me a nice steak on his cook out grill. And we could hang out in his hot tub. He ASSURED me I would enjoy the evening, and he would make me happy,and that it would be oh so fun.....

I clearly explained that I cannot/ will not do that. He kept it up. He didn't understand why I wouldn't stay the night (for the 1 hour rate) when it would be oh so much fun at his house.

I told him that an overnight is alot of my time, so thats why it was so much money. Odd balls I swear
I have been in bad financial straits after being laid off a couple of years ago. Just made a panicked decision when I thought I would be out of work for an extended period of time. Yes there have been ladies I have wanted to see that I have met and I have told them that I just can't right now because of lack of funds. I've never tried to get a discount. That wouldn't be right.