Dangerous Client WARNING Why references and screening is so important

Dangerous Client WARNING
Why references and screening is so important

Well known long time worker e-mails me 11/7/2016:

Hello Dave ! I hope this finds you well. xxxxxxxx here in Phoenix/Scottsdale I had a potentially really bad situation happened last night. I went to do an out call against my better judgment. Just about got robbed and beat. I could not verify the guy because he was texting me from one of those Internet text numbers. And then when I asked to speak to him over the phone before I came to him to verify him. He called from a blocked number.

He said he had a bad experience once with a girl contacting his wife. I thought that's feasible. Still very guarded I decided to go because he offered me $1000 to come see him after my normal hours. I got to the location in North East Glendale. The home was dark no lights on at all.

I text him and told him I had arrived it was not getting out of the car he needed to come out to the car because it was dark. He said to go ahead and just come on and he would meet me at the door. At this point I'm getting a little concerned about my safety, I decided to cruise through the neighborhood real quick with my brights on. Cruised back around from the other direction and noticed the old truck in front of his house loaded with garbage had a guy hiding in the back of the truck. Then noticed two other creepy guys crouch down to the side of the truck.

I text the guy told him I was creeped out something was not right. And I was going to leave.

At this point he proceeded to text and call me all kinds of vulgar names, and tell me I was lucky I left because they were going to beat me and rob me and take my Mercedes and money.

I have the photo of the guy he sent but that doesn't mean much who knows if it's even the guy, it was not any of the guys that were standing outside waiting for me. I also have the text number, however it was just an Internet text number I'm sure you can get one of those fairly easy probably throw away. So I don't know if getting that information to you will help anyone else or not.

The whole situation has left me traumatized and freaked out. I'm going to buy a gun and pepper spray today.

Dave notes this is an also example of the harm due to legal status, where bad guys know this is not going to be reported to the police.