Ever Notice?? (A take on Andy Rooney's Rants)

I was watching the HISTORY channel's show "GANGLAND" the other night and noticed they had a Mature Material Warning about some of the video that was coming up in the rest of the show and it got me to thinking....

...How come shows like CRIMINAL MINDS, CSI, LAW & ORDER, and other crime tv shows do NOT provide the same type of warning at the start of the show, yet these reality shows do? I'd say some of the crime scenes on the shows I mentioned are just as bad if not worse than some of the reality shows.

Has anyone else ever noticed that?

Does anyone else have a "EVER NOTICE..." thought that's been bothering them or they've been wondering about that they want to share?
I was watching the HISTORY channel's show "GANGLAND" the other night and noticed they had a Mature Material Warning about some of the video that was coming up in the rest of the show and it got me to thinking....

...How come shows like CRIMINAL MINDS, CSI, LAW & ORDER, and other crime tv shows do NOT provide the same type of warning at the start of the show, yet these reality shows do? I'd say some of the crime scenes on the shows I mentioned are just as bad if not worse than some of the reality shows.

Has anyone else ever noticed that?

Does anyone else have a "EVER NOTICE..." thought that's been bothering them or they've been wondering about that they want to share?
Originally Posted by tia travels
ones make believe, and the other is, well, real live (sorta as some of it is apparently staged)

FYI, NYPD Blue did have a cautionary warning during its brief run.
It still shouldn't make a difference if one is real or make believe. They are both gruesome (though I'm acclimated to the gore I think now). I thought the point of the warning was to warn parents who may have kids watching. It just seems silly that they would have rules for real and not the same for fake.

Thanks for pointing out the NYPD thing. Perhaps that was because it was "back in the day" and now like I mentioned I am...everyone else is accustomed to violence, etc. more so these days than 20 years ago.
It still shouldn't make a difference if one is real or make believe. They are both gruesome (though I'm acclimated to the gore I think now). I thought the point of the warning was to warn parents who may have kids watching. It just seems silly that they would have rules for real and not the same for fake.

Thanks for pointing out the NYPD thing. Perhaps that was because it was "back in the day" and now like I mentioned I am...everyone else is accustomed to violence, etc. more so these days than 20 years ago. Originally Posted by tia travels
you missed a few more violent ones
lol.....I "was" going to do that microwave too.

Ever notice...that even though this forum says it's for anything, any threads anyone else ever tries to post get swallowed up by the political banter?! Thank you dilbert for taking the time to post to my thread.
yeah, I see that.

some people need to lighten up on that stuff.