According to The European Commission, Apple Owes 14.5 Billion in Taxes

I won't admit that I know how this whole European Union works, but it seems Apple is a tad confused as well concerning the Tax Laws.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ommission-says

This will get interesting, Apple, a bastion of Liberal/Progressive ideas, not paying "their fair share", according to this European Commission. But Ireland to,d them they were OK.

Perhaps Apple should just say, "fine, we will just close up shop here and go somewhere else".
At issue is that to get Apple business they dropped their tax rate to almost nothing while all other companies paid the normal rate
How much if any do.you think.Apple will pay in the end?

I'm thinking 1/4 to 1/3 if that.
  • DSK
  • 08-30-2016, 12:22 PM
I won't admit that I know how this whole European Union works, but it seems Apple is a tad confused as well concerning the Tax Laws.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ommission-says

This will get interesting, Apple, a bastion of Liberal/Progressive ideas, not paying "their fair share", according to this European Commission. But Ireland to,d them they were OK.

Perhaps Apple should just say, "fine, we will just close up shop here and go somewhere else". Originally Posted by Jackie S
Figures that a liberal company run by a gay man doesn't want to fund the liberal causes it encourages other people to pay their taxes to support.

I guess the little people, not gay elitists, pay the taxes.
I'm pretty sure they started doing it under Jobs, the non-gay one, tenure.
  • DSK
  • 08-30-2016, 12:30 PM
I'm pretty sure they started doing it under Jobs, the non-gay one, tenure. Originally Posted by Permission2Look
If the gay one had taken a stand and decided to pay his fair share, I might be impressed.
Apple was playing by the rules established in Ireland. The EU is just upset they allowed it to happen. Apple broke no laws, and evaded no taxes.
Apple was playing by the rules established in Ireland. The EU is just upset they allowed it to happen. Apple broke no laws, and evaded no taxes. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
That is the way I read the story. Ireland gave them a deal without, or ignoring the consent of the EU.

I suppose the big question will be how much power the EU actually has. The link says several other companies might be in the same perdicament as Apple.
Ireland may be due for it's own brand of 'Brexit'.
They made the choice when they made the deal with Apple...

Do you want jobs or confiscatory taxes? You can't have both.
Figures that a liberal company run by a gay man doesn't want to fund the liberal causes it encourages other people to pay their taxes to support.

I guess the little people, not gay elitists, pay the taxes. Originally Posted by DSK
Reckon that's why assup and EKIM are always looking for help from the dumbascraps and support and defend shrilLIARy so much here ? Wonder how much income they report form their " therapeutic spas " at the truck stops ?
If the gay one had taken a stand and decided to pay his fair share, I might be impressed. Originally Posted by DSK
I see your point.

I see this as the European economy is in the shithole and they're looking at any possible solution.
  • DSK
  • 08-30-2016, 07:22 PM
I see your point.

I see this as the European economy is in the shithole and they're looking at any possible solution. Originally Posted by Permission2Look
They have generous benefits and need the revenue, indeed they will take it where they can get it.
  • DSK
  • 08-30-2016, 07:23 PM
Apple was playing by the rules established in Ireland. The EU is just upset they allowed it to happen. Apple broke no laws, and evaded no taxes. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
If that is the case, and Ireland is not allowed to make sweetheart tax deals, then the fate of the EU might be tested against the Irish demand for sovereignty.
  • DSK
  • 08-30-2016, 07:24 PM
Reckon that's why assup and EKIM are always looking for help from the dumbascraps and support and defend shrilLIARy so much here ? Wonder how much income they report form their " therapeutic spas " at the truck stops ? Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
I feel certain Assup, Ekim008, and MunchMidget under report their taxes whenever possible. Fucking takers!
I'm pretty sure they started doing it under Jobs, the non-gay one, tenure. Originally Posted by Permission2Look
yup. Apple set up business in Ireland in the 1980's. the deal with ireland dates that far back and the EU just found out??? LOL! goes to show how stupid they are.