Rest of I 29 to open soon

Sounds like the rest of I 29 should open in the next couple weeks. There will some lane crossovers to fix a bridge, and also the Hamburg and Hwy 2 exits will remain closed for a little while longer. So maybe by mid October people can drive I 29 all the way.
Good news on my wallet...or maybe bad news, I'm not sure being easier to get to KC is such a good thing for me.
Did I hear correctly that ALL of I-29 opens (re-opens) this weekend???? I need a faster, less stressful route to Omaha!!!

I would just be ecstatic to not have to drive 75 Hwy . . . it SUCKS being stuck behind the semi's and LE is thick, they patrol the hell out of that road . . . Go 5 MPH over and they'll warn you and eat up 20 minutes of your life . . . The local cops in Auburn, NE and in Holton, KS are, well, taking full advantage of the additional revenue opportunities (although, I myself have thankfully not been a contributor to their city coffers, but I have seen plenty angry drivers that have - rumor from speaking to many people when I stop for a soda or fuel is that they will ticket for most ANY small infraction and court costs are very high).

Also - has anyone heard if Hwy 2 from 29 to Nebraska City will be open soon? Or if they even have a projected date of opening that short stretch? I travel to Lincoln and the Grand Island (tri-city) area a LOT and I really miss being able to drive that short stretch over the river. I wonder how the businesses there have weathered this flooding . . .

Kisses,

- Jackie
Yes Jackie, I 29 opens up again at 10 am Saturday Oct. 8. There will be 2 mile stretch they will have you cross over while they repair one bridge.

The Hwy 2 exit and the Hamburg exit are both still closed, and don't know how soon they are expected to repair damage and get them open.
Thank you!

Kisses,

- Jackie
Did I hear correctly that ALL of I-29 opens (re-opens) this weekend???? I need a faster, less stressful route to Omaha!!!

I would just be ecstatic to not have to drive 75 Hwy . . . it SUCKS being stuck behind the semi's and LE is thick, they patrol the hell out of that road . . . Go 5 MPH over and they'll warn you and eat up 20 minutes of your life . . . The local cops in Auburn, NE and in Holton, KS are, well, taking full advantage of the additional revenue opportunities (although, I myself have thankfully not been a contributor to their city coffers, but I have seen plenty angry drivers that have - rumor from speaking to many people when I stop for a soda or fuel is that they will ticket for most ANY small infraction and court costs are very high).

Also - has anyone heard if Hwy 2 from 29 to Nebraska City will be open soon? Or if they even have a projected date of opening that short stretch? I travel to Lincoln and the Grand Island (tri-city) area a LOT and I really miss being able to drive that short stretch over the river. I wonder how the businesses there have weathered this flooding . . .

Kisses,

- Jackie Originally Posted by Jackie Devlin
My understanding is that 29 is open, but the exits at NE City (US2) and at Hamburg IA are not open as repair is needed on those ramps.

Glad to know your travel will be easier now. I wouldn't want you to be overly stressed when making your way to River City.