I can't make it because...

What is the silliest excuse a hobbiest/provider has made to cancel an appointment?

Here is my latest one:

"Uhh baby I can't make it tomorrow because my company just called a few minutes ago and I have to be in Brazil by 9am tomorrow morning."

Mind you he called be at 8pm the day before. I never knew there was such a great demand for American construction workers in Brazil. lol.
I have never had one that bizzare Bailey wow.
I had one tell me that his son was sick but I saw him the very next day.
I have never had one that bizzare Bailey wow.
I had one tell me that his son was sick but I saw him the very next day. Originally Posted by Naomi4u

Oh I have had the my kid is sick one. That one is always a classic do to the fact that even if they are lying who wants's to to be shitty about someones possible sick child. It's just like when someone sings a gospel song at a talent show, even though they may suck who wants to look like a heartless B and tell them.
I booked a lady way in advance, like 4-6 weeks. Then changed my mind. I tried to cancel way in advance also, like 2 weeks or more. Figured it was no big deal. She got really pissed. Wound up seeing her after all.

Just call me pussy whipped.

[BTW, I thought the cancellation lead time was more than sufficient.]
Its not the cancellations themselves that bother me especially when they are 24hrs or more out. In the case of the posted example I rebooked his appointment time by the next morning no biggie. I am just poking fun at the funny things people say to get out of stuff.
Oh I have had the my kid is sick one. That one is always a classic do to the fact that even if they are lying who wants's to to be shitty about someones possible sick child. It's just like when someone sings a gospel song at a talent show, even though they may suck who wants to look like a heartless B and tell them. Originally Posted by beautifulbailey
Well I have known some ladies to go OFF on the guy when he cancels. They don't understand that this only hurts them. There was one lady that went as far as putting a DNS alert on a guy because he gave her a 3 hour notice instead of 6. Now that is bizzare! If he cancels with at least 3 hours he's good in my book. If it's a last minute cancellation I will be very disappointed but I won't show him that I am/insult him.. lol. I've seen it happen and it's ugly. London Rayne taught me a fool proof way to avoid cancellation meltdown and I heart her for it

Sick child or not they'll get the same reaction from me. I understand that things do come up. I also have family obligations so I know how that is. Lol @ the gospel song at talent show. You are too much girl! So so so true!
Mine went to Austraila but I believe this one.

I don't book again with anyone who cancels on me without some sort of fee, unless I have seen them before or really WANT to see them. Not worth the freakin hassle.

Most of the time it's some girl at half your rate who showed up the day before you got there. The lame excuses don't fly.
I just always hear work/sick. I don't try and speculate truth/lie. Everything is always just the way it should be.
I had one today call me 5 minutes before our date..he left a message on my machine saying he was almost here but started getting snaseous and jittery..

he said he was scared of our date...so it made him sick!!
I had one today call me 5 minutes before our date..he left a message on my machine saying he was almost here but started getting snaseous and jittery..

he said he was scared of our date...so it made him sick!! Originally Posted by DallasRain
Rookies!
Mine was legit in going to Australia for emergency consultant work. Gave London enough time (3 days) to find replacement. I do know this that the ladies are different over there.
This shit works both ways. I've had NCNS. I had a call 35 min before the scheduled date saying she was running 4 hours late. WTF??? I canceled.

Mostly what I get is a lady who is anywhere from 15-45 min late w/o a call. I'm stickler for punctuality, so it pisses me off and ruins the session.
I do know this that the ladies are different over there. Originally Posted by shorty
This would be a great thread. " How is hobbying different outside the US". lol

I just always hear work/sick. I don't try and speculate truth/lie. Everything is always just the way it should be. Originally Posted by amusemeant
This is so true! When someone cancels I accept that for whatever reason the person cancelled that appt was not meant to be and move on. As for the lying part some are so obvious it is hilarious to me.

Well I have known some ladies to go OFF on the guy when he cancels. They don't understand that this only hurts them. There was one lady that went as far as putting a DNS alert on a guy because he gave her a 3 hour notice instead of 6. Now that is bizzare! If he cancels with at least 3 hours he's good in my book. If it's a last minute cancellation I will be very disappointed but I won't show him that I am/insult him.. lol. I've seen it happen and it's ugly. London Rayne taught me a fool proof way to avoid cancellation meltdown and I heart her for it

Sick child or not they'll get the same reaction from me. I understand that things do come up. I also have family obligations so I know how that is. Lol @ the gospel song at talent show. You are too much girl! So so so true! Originally Posted by Naomi4u
As with any other business, plans fall through. As a provider it is important to maintain our professionalism. I try an make a point at not taking to much in the hobby personal.
What is the silliest excuse a hobbiest/provider has made to cancel an appointment? Originally Posted by beautifulbailey

"I'm sorry DED, I won't be able to keep our appt tomorrow...I heard you were really good in bed and I don't want to get hooked on you"

"I'm sorry DED, I won't be able to keep our appt tomorrow...I heard you were really good in bed and I don't want to get hooked on you"

Originally Posted by DickEmDown

DED,

I asked you not to put my business all out in the streets.