TER and BP down

FOSTA isn't even full affect yet, and already BP is down, and now when trying to log into TER, this pops up..

"The U.S. Congress has passed the Stop Enabling Sex-Trafficking Act (SESTA, also known as The Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act or FOSTA). SESTA amends Section 230 of the 1996 Communications Decency Act, a federal law which has served as the bedrock of protection for online publishers – from Facebook, Yelp, Reddit and Twitter to The Erotic Review – from being held liable for user’s posts on their sites. Under SESTA / FOSTA, the U.S. government can prosecute websites and those that operate them criminally for posts made by users.

As a result of this new law, TER has made the difficult decision to block access to the website from the United States until such time as the courts have enjoined enforcement of the law, the law has been repealed or amended, or TER has found a way to sufficiently address any legal concerns created by the new law. TER is not alone in responding to this threat to your First Amendment Rights: Craigslist has pulled all of its Personal Ads, Reddit has closed a number of Subreddits and sites such as CityVibe and Men4RentNow have gone completely dark. Other websites have taken or are expected to take similar actions."

Land of the free? Yeah, right. 😒
Land of the free? Yeah, right. 😒 Originally Posted by HarleyRose
It certainly makes me wonder what i gave 20 years of my life to defend...
Yes, this is not good peeps. Where is my TER? And I sure do hope they do not take ECCIE away from us. IF that happens, we will be in big trouble.
This is not good at all. So what should we all do? Just wait it out?
I was able to use my VPN and chose an Ontario Canada site to display my IP address (I'm in the US). I was able to access and logon to TER with no problems. Hopefully, when Eccie follows suit, we will be able to do the same thing.
Get your info to your regulars, start thinking of Innuendos you can use on Twitter and thank your lucky stars that eccie is not an American website. i wonder why they havent shut down ashley madison
There's no "waiting this out"
Hobbyists need to learn how to VPN
Providers need to learn how to build their own sites or look for outside US hosting

This industry isn't going anywhere
Just gotta roll with the punches and work smarter not harder
I guess we will go back to the way it was in the 70s. Not that easy to find but where there's a will there's a way. I'm sure the bars and the streets will get more crowded
This just sucks not in a good way. Best part is more than of who put this through get off the same way or well maynot they are the higj high rollers so dosent really affect them i guess
anybody know of any adult hosting sites I can get a domain name for new webpage??
Why did I go to war over and over we just lost the 1st amendment. Vote these assholes out of office.
All I have to say is read the CLOUD Act.

VPNs and overseas hosting are null and void.

Nowhere is completely safe.

Get an encrypted email, construct an old school black book, and prepare to lay low.

Ladies, you are not the primary target.

Gents we are. There's a billionaire oil heiress from Texas behind the "End Demand" movement.

All the money is in busting the hobbyists and letting the ladies walk off scot free.

Rumors of busts in many areas where only men got shiny bracelets while the ladies walked off and only caught charges for the standard unmentionable subject and weapons type charges.

Read up:

https://theintercept.com/2018/03/24/...s-king-county/
All I have to say is read the CLOUD Act.

VPNs and overseas hosting are null and void.

Nowhere is completely safe. Originally Posted by xfrankthetankx
I checked it out but didn't find anything that would force a foreign company to respond to a subpoena for data that doesn't exist. If your VPN doesn't keep logs, how is the US government going to get any useful information out of them?
It opens the door to the slippery slope the government loves to abuse.