I finally went to Franklins BBQ

• yeesh
  • 05-10-2011, 02:01 PM
...and yes, it was some damn good eats!

But as some people learned, you have to get there early...

http://www.videosurf.com/video/hitle...bbq-1283810426
  • Paven
  • 05-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Ok I can totally appreciate that being a WWII girl lol. That was freaking hilarious, I was just waiting for him to start his temper tantrum lol. So what time are we supposed to get there anyways? Sounds like breakfast time.
You need to be in line by 11 AM. 10:30 or 10:45 is better, tho.
You need to be in line by 11 AM. 10:30 or 10:45 is better, tho. Originally Posted by NipLover
when I go, I am always in line at 1030 and eating by 1115am....

sixx

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
+1
I hear they're opening up a brick and mortar.
Already opened it.
The Austin trailers are sure getting uppity. First Franklins and now Lucky J's Chicken and Waffles opens a dine-in restaurant on Burnet!

In fact, they sold a bunch of Groupons for their family-sized chicken and waffles feast!

Bought one! YUMMY!

Franklin's' recipe was in Texas Monthly a couple months ago. I'm gonna use it on my next brisket. If it comes out close, I'll avoid the lines and enjoy the moist meat!

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
Perhaps sometime I shall buy us BBQ for 3 ( on me) to chow on if you do the dirty work and wait in line, I'll show up when it is feeding time for our feast. I hate lines, will happily pay to avoid...

Now for those who have been, rank the meat items in order of preference if you care to share. I want the moist, fatty wett brisket. Shredded pork ( Carolina/Memphis style) if they have it and ribs. I figure if I buy a meal for three can pretty much sample all the meats..
next time anyone goes there let me know i live close and can help eat any leftovers
Perhaps sometime I shall buy us BBQ for 3 ( on me) to chow on if you do the dirty work and wait in line, I'll show up when it is feeding time for our feast. I hate lines, will happily pay to avoid...

Now for those who have been, rank the meat items in order of preference if you care to share. I want the moist, fatty wett brisket. Shredded pork ( Carolina/Memphis style) if they have it and ribs. I figure if I buy a meal for three can pretty much sample all the meats.. Originally Posted by KosherCowboy
Let me know when......

They are awesome with the brisket (moist and fat). I am not that impressed with the sausage and have not had the ribs. That fucking brisket is worth the price of admission!

sixx
Have been twice, and I have to say the brisket (moist) is the way to go. Then I would say it is a toss up between the pulled pork and the ribs. Either way can't go wrong. I need to get back.

Now for those who have been, rank the meat items in order of preference if you care to share. I want the moist, fatty wett brisket. Shredded pork ( Carolina/Memphis style) if they have it and ribs. I figure if I buy a meal for three can pretty much sample all the meats.. Originally Posted by KosherCowboy
The ribs are great.....
Probably an ultra dangerous question.... So, how does it compare to Snow's?

I live NE and they are probably both about the same distance/drive time from me. I've been to Snow's *A LOT* and it is, without question, the best I've ever had and it's good every time.
The brisket is the best thing they got, about as good as you can get this side of Lockhart.
Moist and thick cut, I was very impressed with the flavor.
The sausage was real good, better then most places but not the very best.
The pulled pork was very tasty, about the best I've had in Austin. I like the pulled pork better then the sausage.
The ribs were very good to but perhaps not epic.
I would rate them
1. The brisket, I think its what makes the place so popular
2. Pulled pork
3. sausage
4. Ribs

I have not tried any of their sandwiches but I hear they are very good.
The choice in BBQ sauces really gives you alot of tasty options whatever you get.

Though what will keep me going back is the brisket.