Age Verification?

Just signed in as usual, but this time it made me go back and verify that I'm over 18. Isn't that a bit redundant? I believe when I registered I had to put in my birthdate, so anyone who is registered must be over 18. If this is to keep someone who's not 18 from using another's login, all they have to do is check yes to over 18.

Seems like an unnecessary step, and I'm not a fan of clutter.

Ciao,

Mike
Not sure, but I think you can view as a guest. That helps protect the board.
  • TBONE
  • 02-22-2010, 11:09 AM
When you join Eccie entering your birthday is an option.

charles is correct, checking that you are at least 18 years old protects ALL here.
Hmmm, then why is today the first time I've had to do it?

It's not a really big deal, so I'll just deal with it,

TBONE, I'm going to PM you about something I do think is a big deal.

Ciao,

Mike
I might suggest a sign-in page so the Showcases don't appear to "guests" under the age of 18.
I might suggest a sign-in page so the Showcases don't appear to "guests" under the age of 18. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Totally agree here. Does not do much good to have age verification and have visitors of any age be able to check out contact information and see all the goodies.

Wondered about that when I saw the age verification and tried it out (clicking on a showcase picture).

Keep up the good works ya'll!!
Sure it does. It does ALOT of good. We're not trying to block stray guests from viewing our content. We ARE trying to make sure the folks who register here and participate on our site are ADULTS, over the age of 18.
I don't think some of the bots are 18!