password prompt for village photos

Whenever I get ready to post pics to reviews I also have villagephotos in another window. After I paste the url of the pic in the image window and click ok I get prompted for my villagephotos username and password
this can be avoided by clicking on cancel mainly since I am already signed onto vp at that time and eventually my pic does appear but I'm prompted by vp for my login info just about every review even when I click onto my post after I posted a pic and if I'm not signed in with vp at that time.

Anyone know why I get this prompt?
  • Rocky
  • 05-27-2011, 06:34 PM
I have been getting a pop-up window asking for username & password for village windows when I am looking at reviews.
  • Mokoa
  • 05-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Those would be the reviews that GM has posted pictures in. I experienced that as well.

Currently I have no idea why this issue is occurring.
hey geniusman, related question...

do you know how i could upload a photo to villagephotos, link to it from here AND then prevent folks from noodling around in that album or any more of my villagephoto albums??

that is, upload and only allow viewing of a single photo [keeping other images private]?

would marking the photo or album "private" and specify it can be viewed from eccie.com work??

if not, know of a site where i can upload a photo, share it, and protect any other photos i have at that website?
thanks in advance.
  • Mokoa
  • 06-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Make the album private.
If the album is private then the pics will not be viewable to anyone except you
  • Mokoa
  • 06-05-2011, 10:07 PM
There is not a way to allow access to the image without allowing access to the entire album?
geniusman, that's how i interpreted their help text - marking an album or a photo private prevents anyone else from seeing it.

here are the options...
Privacy (Prevents others from viewing this image)
Hotlink Protection (Enter a website address, or part of one, that this image may be used on)

i would think that even hotlink protection would allow browsing around once someone got there.

any other ideas?????