A little help

A few days ago I installed IE9 (I think that is correct). Prior to this my computer always asked me if I wanted it to remember a password or username. I would answer yes so that the next time I wanted to log in it was just a matter of hitting the first letter of a username and it filled in the rest. Quick and simple. Since the down load of IE9 this option does not appear. I went thru the help function and based on that info went to the tools-internet options-content-settings and made sure the box was checked for the "remember user names and passwords on forms". It still does not work. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in IE9?

Thanks in advance, Bud
You should use Opera..much better!
  • Mokoa
  • 05-29-2011, 10:22 PM
They do not call it "bleeding edge" for nothing.

If you did not have that issue with IE8 or whatever browser your were using prior to going to IE9 you may want to go back to that previous browser. From what you have described it appears that there may be Javascript issues.
Thanks guys. Another stupid question. How do I go back to IE8?
I use Firefox, so I'm not a lot of help, but I think you can go to Internet Explorer site and get an older version to install.
IE8

This is assuming you're running Vista. If not, there's additional OS-dependent versions farther down the page.
Thanks. I'm on Windows 7.
I downloaded IE9 and now IE will not run on my system. I'm running Vista 64 bit. I have tried to download IE8 again, but it will not allow me to. The message comes up that I have a more recent version of IE (IE9) so I can't get IE8. How do I get rid of IE9 and if I do will I loose all my bookmarks and favorites?

Thanks for any help
  • Mokoa
  • 05-31-2011, 10:38 PM
Remove IE9 first by going to Add/Remove Programs within Control Panel. After that is complete, then you should be able to download and install IE8.

If you choose to go to Firefox, download and install Version 3.6.17. Like the new IE9, the new Firefox Version 4 has issues.

I am not sure about the question concerning bookmarks.
Remove IE9 first by going to Add/Remove Programs within Control Panel. After that is complete, then you should be able to download and install IE8.

If you choose to go to Firefox, download and install Version 3.6.17. Like the new IE9, the new Firefox Version 4 has issues.

I am not sure about the question concerning bookmarks. Originally Posted by Mokoa
IE is not listed in the control panel. When I go the the file list and try to delete it will not allow me to. Frustration......
Figured it out. Had to delete it from updates and not programs. IE8 is back along with everything else.