PS3 videos..

Ok all you techno geeks out there. How do you get movies (wmv) on a thumb to run on the PS3. Downloaded some from Payones for a private party and downloaded them to a thumb drive. Formatted the drive to fat32, cause the PS3 wouldnt recognize it. Enabled WMB, it has something to do with the internet recognition. Even renamed two files, a google suggestion.
Still getting the 'The data type is not supported. 800288C0'.
Any suggestions?
The Bear ;-)
My daughter used Utorrent? And it was saved as AVI...does that make a diff?

I'm not a geek either though.
Find out what format the Ps3 plays? Then download your movie in that format. There are also free format change programs out there you might look at.

WARNING- If you have an account with Sony you should be aware that they have been hacked several times over the last few months and the user data has been compromised; names, address, bank account, credit card info, etc.

Reports of credit card use is showing up in Eastern Europe and North Africa.

There is also a small concern that the hack into Sony servers planted viruses that will go out with legitimate downloads.

The short-story is get off of both Sony Network servers. I completely detached from Sony over this.

Also, if you are going to pay for downloads, get a prepaid credit card and keep it around.

Good luck to ya.
If it's DRM encumbered, it won't play. Best bet, use Playstation media server. It's free.