Mechanics in SA

Long, long day.

My alternator on my car just went out.

Who knows a good shop out here?

XOXO
If your certain it's the alternator... Replacing an Alternator is nothing, any shop can swap them out quickly.
Really? O.o
Seriously I replaced mine in the parking lot of an orielly's in about 20 minutes and I'm not mechanically inclined. Loosen the belt unbolt it bolt on new one tighten the belt that's all it is.
Swap with them bng!!! you blow them so you can go lol
Also depends where the alternator is in the car n the type of car
Also depends where the alternator is in the car n the type of car Originally Posted by Kevinmsan
Good point that's very true.
yea, usually just remove belt and 3 screws, unlock and remove wire harness. The problem can be removing from vehicle (space and things in way). also depending on vehicle, screw removal may require removal of tire and splash guard for access.

could be very easy or require a little finesse
just depends on type of vehicle
  • Bluee
  • 03-25-2016, 07:51 AM
I remember my first serious girlfriend's car needed the alternator replaced. Being a good boyfriend I replaced it myself in her parents driveway. Got a little dirty and asked if I could wash up. Her parents offered to use the shower in the guest quarters.

Boy, was I surprised when she snuck in to give me the hottest blow job for fixing her car. The thrill of being caught made it really hot.
Interstate battery does mine.

Sam