10 Years Later, Was the Iraq War Worth It?

According to a recent Gallup poll, a majority of Americans believe that the Iraq War was not worth fighting. "Our war in Iraq, I think was the most fundamentally bad, dangerous decision since Vietnam," Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said during his confirmation hearing. (Hagel voted for the war when he was a U.S. senator.) And Rep. Raul Grijalva, D-Ariz., told the Arizona Republic, "I think the legacy of this is always going to be that it was a mistake, that it was pre-emptive, that it wasn't based on real information, and that the whole struggle could have been handled differently."

Full article from US News:

http://www.usnews.com/debate-club/10...q-war-worth-it

This article has different opinions posted below it (articles) saying the opposite, for all you naysayers.
It's a stupid hypothetical question. Without knowing what the world would be like had we not invaded.

I will say this...It lead to the election of Barack Obama....So no.
I will say this...It lead to the election of Barack Obama....So no. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
No shit, Dali!
It let us "borrow" our way to prosperity.
It was not worth it. Not at all. And don't make excuses for Hillary. She knew what she was doing when she voted for it. She can lie all she wants now, but that vote cost billions of dollars and thousands of lives. The blood is on her hands, and all the others who voted the same way.
Yep, Hillary is the only current politician looking for higher office that voted FOR the war in Iraq. So whether you think it was worth it or not, that stain is on her. Attack Bush, you have to condemn Hillary.
  • DSK
  • 07-24-2016, 12:31 PM
Yep, Hillary is the only current politician looking for higher office that voted FOR the war in Iraq. So whether you think it was worth it or not, that stain is on her. Attack Bush, you have to condemn Hillary. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Amen to that bro...
  • DSK
  • 07-24-2016, 12:33 PM
It was not worth it. Not at all. And don't make excuses for Hillary. She knew what she was doing when she voted for it. She can lie all she wants now, but that vote cost billions of dollars and thousands of lives. The blood is on her hands, and all the others who voted the same way. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I can't think of any foreign wars we fought that were ultimately worth it after WWII. If we are going to protect the world, we need to get paid for it!!
SissySucker is a War Monger...

One of the consequences of the war is we will never know what fine leaders Saddam's sons would have made.

They were such upstanding young men.
I'm sure they were: to shoot the "thugs" out of hand at will with impunity; the kind of fellas you are yearning for to uphold the "law and order." How bitter and desperate you've become!
I'm sure they were: to shoot the "thugs" out of hand at will with impunity; the kind of fellas you are yearning for to uphold the "law and order." How bitter and desperate you've become! Originally Posted by andymarksman
It's important to keep alive the decision for the RE-invasion of Iraq in this election cycle, because Trump was opposed to it and HillariousNoMore was in favor of it.

The "re-raising" of "the issue" is a failed attempt to divert attention away from yet another EMAIL SCANDAL associated with the Clintons.
If elected, wonder how Trump will get us out of Iraq? Or will the cost go on? Has he made a stand on Gitmo?
If elected, wonder how Trump will get us out of Iraq? Or will the cost go on? Has he made a stand on Gitmo? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
We might expect more attacks from ISIS and abroad, especially if Trump becomes President and we leave NATO, as he suggests. Brexit, Putin, and Trump go hand in hand. If Trump becomes President, I am afraid we will be trending in the same direction, toward an extreme right wing authoritarian type government.

The Iraq War was a huge mistake on the part of Bush. Obama should have stepped in and ended it by now. Total cost of Iraq war to US (to date):

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ir...92D0PG20130314
Hey, Sue. If you feel that strongly about it perhaps you should vote for the only candidate in the race who didn't vote in favor of the war.