Romney's Tax Returns

Is the real reason he won't release them that the Mormon church will find out he's been cheating them on his tithes?

I don't know very many Mormons - are they anal about shit like that?

Just asking - don't want to start a firestorm...

Has this theory been discussed already on here or in the mainstream media?
I doubt it.

The only reason anyone wants to see them is to try and make him look like a out of touch rich guy which plays into the class warfare narrative.

It's just to distract from BO's poor record..
Yes, it's possible, but not too likely. It has been mentioned. The Mormons are pretty strict about it and use guilt to enforce it. You cannot be a Mormon in good standing or enter the church buildings (especially the main temple) if u don't tithe.

More likely they used lots of offshore tax havens and iPad less than 15 % tax many of those years they don't want to release.

The "class warfare" actually goes the other way. “Based on IRS figures, the richest 1% nearly tripled its share of America’s after-tax income from 1980 to 2006. That’s an extra trillion dollars a year. Then, in the first year after the 2008 recession, they took 93% of all the new income.* Wealth is even more skewed. The richest 10% own 83% of financial wealth, which they’ve skillfully arranged to be taxed at just 15%, ostensibly because they pump that money back into job-creating ventures.” but worst of all, the don't creat many jobs. They just park the extra $$$ offshore or in hedge funds that game the system and make them more $$$. The "class warfare" is destroying the middle class which is where most of U.S. wealth is created and economic vitality comes from.
  • CJ7
  • 09-15-2012, 09:06 AM
supposedly some hackers and break-in artists have them, and are going to release them on the 28th of this month ... that is if nobody comes up with the $1 million bucks they are asking for them ..
Larry Flynt, god love him, offered $1Million for them a while back I saw - LOL. Now that could be an October surprise!
I doubt it.

The only reason anyone wants to see them is to try and make him look like a out of touch rich guy which plays into the class warfare narrative.

It's just to distract from BO's poor record.. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Try to make him look like an out of touch rich guy? He doesn't need any help in that regard.

I'm starting to think his returns might have some tax amnesty issues relating to his huge offshore accounts. UBS and all that.... It would certainly explain his reluctance to produce the returns. It would be instant political suicide.
  • CJ7
  • 09-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Larry Flynt, god love him, offered $1Million for them a while back I saw - LOL. Now that could be an October surprise! Originally Posted by austxjr

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-09-06/p...-tax-documents
  • Doove
  • 09-15-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't know very many Mormons - are they anal about shit like that?

Just asking - don't want to start a firestorm... Originally Posted by trynagetlaid
They're anal about not lying too, but that doesn't stop Romney either.
Yeah, and anal about collecting tithes. This site from ex-Mormons is pretty instructive - http://mormoncurtain.com/topic_tithing_section2.html

Most Mormons I've met and worked with are really nice folks as long as you make a good first impression. I used to train in SLC. and would take my diamond stud out on day 1, then put it in on day 2 and see how they reacted for shits and grins. It befuddled them a bit, but they tended to go on first impressions. They really are not much different from serious believers of any other magical thinking religion except that they are fundamentalist and super fundamentalists. Perhaps because they were horribly discriminated against for a century, they are a little more forgiving than most other fundamentalists but there are not really any "moderate" Mormons in terms of literal interpretation.

I'm bad because I always forget the second "m", but then that is my opinion of pretty much all religions except perhaps Taoism and possibly Buddhism. Then there is Pastafarianism!