What makes a reviewer/hobbiest reputable?

In an earlier thread someone mentioned being a reputable member. So what is the litmus for becoming a reputable reviewer/member hobbiest? ex: reviews, posts, associations, etc. Also what would disqualify someone from being one? ex:taking discounts to write reviews, being a douchebag, etc. Thx
My, but we are an ambitious egg.
  • Benny
  • 09-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Yeah baby, stir up more drama, that'll bring you a reputation. any day. where are you coming from, cold douche luke?
It's always a plus not being aligned with So.....well....nevermind.
Yeah baby, stir up more drama, that'll bring you a reputation. any day. where are you coming from, cold douche luke? Originally Posted by Benny
Hold your horses Lenny, this was meant to be a serious question. I am curious what it takes to be regarded as a reputable hobby member. There is a standard for the providers, is there not one for the hobbiest?

I have not called you a douche yet so please refrain from throwing around your douches.
...So what is the litmus for becoming a reputable reviewer/member hobbiest? ex: reviews, posts, associations, etc. Originally Posted by KoolHandLuke
Reviews: One who writes honest reviews...by that I mean someone who tells the good & the bad of a session, if there was any bad. Also, one who has the "balls" to give an accurate description of a lady. Sometimes pictures are, well, "old"

Posts: I think the way a person post should matter versus how many post they have, although some post-hoes do give good input from time to time

Associations: I tend to value this one the most. Meeting guys at socials, private gatherings, and even hanging out at non-hobby related events helps to build "trust" with one another.

Example, I'll take the word from an associate who didn't write a review of a provider over someone who I've never heard of or don't know who actually wrote a review of that same provider....just sayin'

...Also what would disqualify someone from being one? Originally Posted by KoolHandLuke
Being a douchebag about covers it...
Now that is an answer, Thank you for understanding the question.
some post-hoes do give good input from time to time Originally Posted by DickEmDown
I don't know.......that seems kind of generous.

Being a douchebag about covers it... Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Well not always. It depends on the size of the bag.
A reputable hobbyist? A myth, sir, on par with Elvis sightings and Bigfoot.
A reputable hobbyist? A myth, sir, on par with Elvis sightings and Bigfoot. Originally Posted by enderwiggin
I liked your first answer better....
I'd say what DED put up as the title of his post #6 applies, for the most part.

When I first moved to Houston and got involved with the hobby (and the board), I was thought of as "a dirty old white man" to vice, and probably everything in between.

There are lots of old timers here, and I say that with the utmost respect as it takes ALOT to stay in this hobby for an extended period of time, and it takes time, honest reviews (often times you'll get flamed, but take it as what it is...), and as DED mentioned above, social net-working.

It took me a WHILE to meet some of the folks here on the board and establish rapport. Some you meet and you think they're an asshole and you move on. Others will become true friends.

One of the old mods (no longer on the board) once sent me a PM titled "Your name is your review". I do believe that's true for the most part. You need to establish your Name (in our cases, your handle), before anything you say will be considered "creditable".

This is a risk hobby we're in. The expectation of "Everyone should be given a chance to start with a 100, till you screw up" doesn't apply here. Everyone starts with maybe a 10 (I'd say 0, but I think majority of the folks here are nicer than me) and it's up to you where you go from there.

Just my $0.02 based on my experience...

Good luck!
I liked your first answer better.... Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Yeah, but upon reading it, I thought it sounded too much like I was patting myself on the back. I need to hobby less and seduce last-call barskanks more...
Damn...I just read my own response and I think that was THE most serious post I've made in a LONG time. LOL!
Not being Rafe!!!!!