Customer service experience.

Yes, I know, not what you all care to read about, I am sure, but this was a new experience for me. As some of you may know (and others couldn't care less), I really don't hobby often at all, and when I do, I'm usually looking for something particular (don't ask what - it just seems to occur based on some provider posts, or pics, or something about them).

Some of you ladies probably already do this, and do it well, and I don't mean to leave you out in the cold. But, I had arranged to see a lady this morning (arranged early yesterday over PM). The PM's were prompt, informative, and overall just a pleasant experience. We agreed on a time, and were going to confirm this morning. To my mind, that said "get in the general area, then wait for a text" (she had my number, but I did not have hers). I was a little leery based on that fact, but realistically, the promptness of the PM's kind of assuaged my concerns.

We come to today - am I sitting out in the parking lot, waiting like an idiot, wondering what happened? No, I wake up, start my morning coffee, and a full two hours before the appointment I receive a very polite text (I had implied texting was okay) from her stating that she will need to cancel, along with a very kind apology and a time frame regarding when it might be best to try to reschedule. I hadn't even showered (I tend to do that right before the appointment - gotta be fresh for the ladies!) or done any prep work yet. So, now I'm casually enjoying my morning coffee, but very happy that this fine lady had enough concern, professionalism, and regard to let me know that the plans needed to be changed, well in advance of the actual appointment.

As I said, this may not be a new thing for some of you, but based on my very infrequent hobbying experiences, I'm usually hanging out in my car somewhere, getting pissed off. Encountering this type of situation, while disappointing (this lady is gorgeous, imho), is an unexpected treat, because now I know that I can take my morning casually, and won't be sitting around somewhere trying to figure out "hmm...should I grab breakfast while I wait?", "should I just go home?". Anyway, it was special enough to me that I just wanted to call it out, especially as she is new on the boards.

So, Charliee, thank you very much for taking the time to let me know that the plans needed to be changed. I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Gents - from my obviously limited experience (haven't seen her), I'd give her a recommendation, just based on her communications.
You must have very low expectations of the other ladies.
Nice post! Things happen all the time but its how you handle it that counts.
You must have very low expectations of the other ladies. Originally Posted by JohnnyYanks
Well, due to my infrequency of hobbying, lack of a good referral history, etc., I don't get to see many of the ladies that interest me. I know that many of them on this board do this type of CS well, but for me, this was a first, so I wanted to call it out.
  • Loxly
  • 11-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Yup. It's always nice to get advanced notice of a delay or cancelation. Obviously the lady is aware that there's preparation done on the guys side along with whatever she might be doing. Conversely I'm certain that the ladies appreciate it when we need to adjust or cancel with advanced notice.

NOW.... having said that. My worst experience since I came to Austin involved being jacked around for 3 days with a total of 9 emails delaying the appointment. All were advanced notice with a collection of various excuses but in the end I wrote her off and asked her to cease ANY further contact with me.
I hope many of the ladies have read this. I agree with OP, that is all it takes.

If a lady called/texted to cancel, I would be upset, but definitely not pissed off. I would be pissed of if she gave me the proverbial "crickets" when I let her know I was sitting in the parking lot waiting for her. Or, if she has to cancel, promises a make-up session, and doesn't follow through on it.
And guys for gods sake always get confirmation.