mods please enlighten me about threads

I was under the impression that an op could request their thread be closed. I have asked several times for a thread I started in co-ed to be closed.
As far as my understanding goes, a Mod cannot close a thread simply at the request of the OP. They close them only when the discussion goes badly off the rails or if a very old thread or review gets bumped.

Once you start a thread, you own it and leave yourself open to all who wish to comment. It is very good advice to pause and think twice before you hit “Submit.”
Maybe if you get it derailed and build up a bunch of GL violations it might work
thank you. not sure why I thought an op could request one of their threads closed. will remember.

agree about starting threads, will remember.

didn't think asking a question in a thread would get so much hostility. will remember.
It's been discussed before. Seems like different areas of the site handle it differently.
You can check the GL. I think they mention it there.
  • Mokoa
  • 09-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Threads will be closed for any of the following reasons.

Hopelessly derailed.
Guideline violations become excessive.
Thread topic is forbidden.
I was under the impression that an op could request their thread be closed. I have asked several times for a thread I started in co-ed to be closed. Originally Posted by sms918
Also, you can edit and i believe delete it yourself within 30/60 mins. After that time it's considered "posted"