I believe it's time for me to fly... but I may need a co-pilot for assistance getting up in the air. ;)

Kat's can fly ~ at least figuratively.

I never wanted to post a retirement thread as I don't want to come back one day & renege; however, at this point & time, I'm feeling more interested in fulfilling the vow I made to my now adopted daughter to not let the life-changing event of her birth be in vain. It's time for me to get a civvie job & a car so I can go visit her w/ her new family. I want to do her proud one day & despite the fact I know my focus in this world is not based on being a sex fiend or a hustler, it's not something she'd be able to understand for a long time. My other kids aren't too hip on it either, so I'm taking the hint.

I'm a customer service guru, so will be able to find something out there. Fortunately, I'm not too proud to start at a lower tier, either, and have simplified my life enough that I won't have to make a ton of money to get by; however, job refs & background checks are a concern. I've done the corporate thing and know it's not for me. Too many politicos, and they're not particularly fond of natural leaders who aren't afraid to question. My pref would be a smaller company in need of a problem-solver and customer fanatic that offers creative or personal services. These are my fortes. If any of you has suggestions of positions (non-sexual, please) I should pursue, please e-mail me at ausfunkat@yahoo.com. I'd prefer not to have to logon to read PM's but will if you insist.

I have about 8 wks before I'll be released from doctor's care, but can get to work within a month if no heavy duties are required. I'm already doing better than most after three days post-partum, but am not supposed to lift anything over 10 lbs or do any strenuous activities, yada yada. Just an fyi since that affects whatever options may arise in short-term.

OK, then... I wish you all the best & hope to keep in touch w/ my friends here. There are many of you I'd love to maintain contact with and think you know who you are, so don't be shy! If you have my phone number already, call me! I'd love to do lunch or get out on occasion to hear all the latest.

Thanks for all your support through the years & remember that the name of the game is to ENJOY!

Take care & have fun out there!

Kat
XOXOX
If you can't find the small company that you are looking for, be aware that Samsung are just about to start looking for another 300 employees.