Dangerous new strain of Gonoreah, deadly

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100685883

Msnc, CNN, everyone is reporting this strain
Just when science is making great strides in finding a cure and vaccine for AIDS we get this.

I've been hearing about antibiotic resistant STIs for a few years now.
I fail to see the issue

I've been hearing about antibiotic resistant STIs for a few years now. Originally Posted by zx10
Heck, we had the anti-biotic resistant strains of the clap running around Korea in the mid-70's when I was there. Can't IMAGINE how much more resistant it is almost 40 years later.
This issue is for the Providers who do bbbj, and sadly those who do bbfs, its not a non-issue, Men do not get diseases as easliy as women, if you dont see the value in a health warning , why comment at all? Do you. I was merely informing. Thanks for belittling important info for providers and clients alike
This issue is for the Providers who do bbbj, and sadly those who do bbfs, its not a non-issue, Men do not get diseases as easliy as women, if you dont see the value in a health warning , why comment at all? Do you. I was merely informing. Thanks for belittling important info for providers and clients alike Originally Posted by SalmaValentinaElite
First, the article cited is from 9 months ago and they got some incorrect information from the Associated Press which has since been retracted.

Second, relax I was making a joke that eventually we'll need full body condoms.

Also, I see the value in health warnings but there's a problem. Unless you're just starting a general discussion about antibiotic diseases of all types being a growing threat, this particular issue is bogus.

No new cases of this "superbug" have been discovered since 2009 in a sex worker in Japan. The strain found in Hawaii has been there for years and was well known.

No cases have been found anywhere since 2009. So how is this "health warning" relevant except, as I said, as a general topic regarding the growth of antibiotic resistant diseases of all kinds?

NBC News
Settle down: no 'sex superbug' in the US, despite reports
Heck, we had the anti-biotic resistant strains of the clap running around Korea in the mid-70's when I was there. Can't IMAGINE how much more resistant it is almost 40 years later. Originally Posted by RedLeg505
So you are patient zero ...
I saw no belittling going on, but that can be arranged.

Thanx for the info though
So you are patient zero ... Originally Posted by pyramider
No, but I think I had "patient zero" work in my section there in Korea. 2 months after arriving in country, the young soldier got evac'd to 121 Hospital in Seoul because he caught one of the "resistant" strains going around back in the 70's. For the rest of his tour, he NEVER went anywhere, even to field exercises without a few condoms in his rucksack.
Were they camo?
They present this story, and the primary commentator is a naturopath. I guess there were no witch doctors that weren't under a spell. I am surprised a chiropractor didn't chime in and say he could cure it by adjusting the spine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturopathic_medicine
It was just re printed, and mentioned on the news last week. Whatever good luck.
  • Blaze
  • 01-25-2014, 09:44 AM
I always feel like these threads are really "BBBJ's are EVIL" threads masquerading as Public Service Announcements.
It was just re printed, and mentioned on the news last week. Whatever good luck. Originally Posted by SalmaValentinaElite
I think we all understand why the media sensationalize stories and blow things out of proportion, they're selling ads and driving traffic. Big scary "superbugs" are right up their alley.

What's YOUR motivation, especially after learning the actual facts?

Per the Center for Disease Control:

Recent Press Coverage about Drug Resistant Gonorrhea
May 8, 2013

Several recent news stories reporting cases of the H041 strain of gonorrhea in the United States are inaccurate. The H041 strain referenced in many of these news articles refer to a case detected in Japan several years ago. The H041 strain has not been detected since then, and was never reported in the United States.

CDC is, however, concerned about the threat of drug resistant gonorrhea and continues to raise awareness on this important public health issue, but it is critical to remember that currently-recommended treatment regimens remain effective in the United States.
http://www.cdc.gov/std/gonorrhea/Res...rhea-Press.htm