Do you wear a watch?

I don't wear one, haven't since I was a teenager. (late 60's) A co-worker pointed out to me a few years ago that he noticed that I am into time. I had never thought about it before but he was right. If I am in an area, office, kitchen, job, hotel room, home, the clocks have to be the correct time.
The SO is the opposite, I get home after being gone for an extended period of time and every clock in the house will be wrong, I have to go around and set them all. I am not sure what it says about me?, but if there is a time piece around it HAS to have the correct time. Anyone else?
I have several nice watches, all gold and very impressive. I only wear them for functions where I am dressed up and in a nice suit. It is one of the few ways that a man can have jewerly without looking feminine. The twist is that none of them are Rolex. Why? Because it takes a little more thought for someone to realize that what I am wearing is better than a Rolex. It is a way to make a statement and at the same time be solid but not forceful.
A watch is the first thing I look at on a man
Why tells me more about him and who is
in a few way's ...

I have a few and but then time I want to put it on it's dead .. So No I Don't use One

I do have a very nice dress watch I put on time to time !
  • jwood
  • 09-03-2018, 06:21 PM
I wear a watch all the time, except when I shower. I even sleep in it. I have a really expensive watch that my Dad left me but I never wear it. My current favorite is an $8 watch I got at Wal Mart.
I know what time it is...
I know what time it is... Originally Posted by Ed Highlight

Who said Morris Day?
wow.... look at all those watches!!!!
I collect watches...just like the way they look. I spent 25 plus years tied to the second hand of a watch. So much so that I could fairly accurately count a pulse without looking at a watch. Now, I put on a watch that coordinates with my clothing, jewelry or my mood. OFTEN, I don't even look to be sure the time is correct or that it's even running.

Pretty soon wrist watches will go the way of the "pocket watch". I don't own or want a "high tech" type watch.

Great thread.
I am a ham radio operator and require an accurate watch as several places have signals that switch at 12 seconds each minute. I go to WWV the national standard to keep my watch accurate. There are times when I am expecced to turn my phone off and the watch allows me to know what time it is. I bought this watch at Target on sale for $15.
Yes.

https://www.eccie.net/attachment.php...1&d=1516194307 Originally Posted by Jackie S

@Jackie S

Beautiful Datejust. Fluted bezel, Jubilee bracelet. I’m thinking reference 1801 or 1803, but that’s just a guess.
I, personally, love the idea of wearing a watch.

But I have broken every watch I have ever worn. The last time I wore a watch was many years ago. I was working at Papa Johns as a shift manager. In Texas, the Papa Johns restaurant were these tiny little stores in a strip mall. If you worked inside, most likely you were going to be dealing with the oven. The oven is usually right next to the make-line, where they make the pizzas. I'm walking in between this massive oven and the make-line when I hear this loud popping noise. I look down, and the glass to my watch is completely broken.

At this point in time of my life, I wasn't used to the building and to the internal set up, I had got too close to the oven as I was walking by. No ones fault but my own. But it turned me off to wearing watches for a while. At my current job and position, a water proof watch, wouldn't be out of the question. I wash my hands, a lot. In fact, I personally, think I would love it. I don't like carrying my phone on me while I work.
I have a watch with accurate second hand and set it at least weekly using WWV.
Yes. I wear a Rolex GMT Master II BLNR “Batman” on an Oyster bracelet.

The next watch I’ll buy will be the Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch in 42mm. Hopefully, I can get a caliber 321 movement. Keep everything as close to the original (manual wind, hesalite crystal, no display caseback)

The only thing is - I want to do something special or epic first before getting myself a watch. I don’t want a collection of a lot of watches that I’ll never wear. I’d like a few awesome pieces that I wear all the time.
I have several nice watches, all gold and very impressive. I only wear them for functions where I am dressed up and in a nice suit. It is one of the few ways that a man can have jewerly without looking feminine. The twist is that none of them are Rolex. Why? Because it takes a little more thought for someone to realize that what I am wearing is better than a Rolex. It is a way to make a statement and at the same time be solid but not forceful. Originally Posted by sjohnlewis
I’m assuming you must have something in the Holy Trinity (Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet or Vacheron Constantine). I probably spelled one of those companies wrong.

I would love to have a thin Perpetual Calendar with a moonphase complication. IWC, Patek, Jaeger LeCoultre and possibly Omega are the ones I’d be looking at.
Interesting