The Legal Concerns of the Upcoming Trump Rallies

I see there is a disclaimer..

tps://www.westport-news.com/news/article/Trump-s-Tulsa-campaign-rally-sign-up-page-15334187.php

but where does the State come in? why is Trump getting 12,000 at the BOK Center, but the Dixie Chicks can't perform there (never mind they can't draw flies, let alone 12,000 people.. the point is "what about the virus, the social-distancing, etc.."?)? can Oklahoma tell Trump "fuck off, you're not doing this"? Charlotte told the Republicans they couldn't hold a "real" Convention, why can't these States say the same about rallies? or can they? or maybe they want the rallies? maybe they don't want a legal fight?
It's a "protest", not a rally. Protected.
It's a "protest", not a rally. Protected. Originally Posted by gnadfly
funny.. but really, I'm looking for good answers.
Maybe been influenced by the fact that the OK state Governor, wants the Republican convention in the state. Obviously, the Trump campaign knows there is a high risk of catching the virus at the rally, or they wouldn't be requiring that everyone sign the liability waiver. You don't ask people to sign a waiver to do something safe. I don't understand what gnadfly means. Maybe he can clarify?
funny.. but really, I'm looking for good answers. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Well, you’ve been to at least one. Find out for yourself. Or are you too lazy?
I see there is a disclaimer..

tps://www.westport-news.com/news/article/Trump-s-Tulsa-campaign-rally-sign-up-page-15334187.php

but where does the State come in? why is Trump getting 12,000 at the BOK Center, but the Dixie Chicks can't perform there (never mind they can't draw flies, let alone 12,000 people.. the point is "what about the virus, the social-distancing, etc.."?)? can Oklahoma tell Trump "fuck off, you're not doing this"? Charlotte told the Republicans they couldn't hold a "real" Convention, why can't these States say the same about rallies? or can they? or maybe they want the rallies? maybe they don't want a legal fight? Originally Posted by Chung Tran

any venue can decline if they don't like the conditions. Biden will do the same if he ever has a rally before November.

the Pixie Chickies took a career nosedive when they criticized Bushie Jr over the Iraq invasion post 9/11. they might not have been wrong but it wasn't popular at the time because the people wanted retribution for the 9/11 attack. Bushie Jr gave them some even if Iraq wasn't really the culprit.
I am really looking forward to see how many people show up for that rally and what social distancing protocols are enforced. It speaks volumes that you have to sign a waiver protecting Trump and the Trump campaign from any liability if Corona gets passed around the arena like a beach ball at a Jimmy Buffett concert. If they did not see that as a reasonable possibility then they sure the fuck would not have included that waiver.
....Convention, why can't these States say the same about rallies? or can they? or maybe they want the rallies? maybe they don't want a legal fight? Originally Posted by Chung Tran
What are you talking about?
I am really looking forward to see how many people show up for that rally .... Originally Posted by smokedog01
Have you signed your waiver yet?
Have you signed your waiver yet? Originally Posted by LexusLover

Not going to have to. I would never go to that rally. I am trying to think of any reason that could convince me to voluntarily travel to Tulsa, Oklahoma and I am drawing a blank.
Not going to have to. I would never go to that rally. I am trying to think of any reason that could convince me to voluntarily travel to Tulsa, Oklahoma and I am drawing a blank. Originally Posted by smokedog01

Wait. Doesn't Lucas live they and isn't he selling down his Henry collection? Just a couple random thoughts.
Wait. Doesn't Lucas live they and isn't he selling down his Henry collection? Just a couple random thoughts. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do

I did not know that he lived in Oklahoma. I stand corrected. I would travel to Oklahoma to see his Henry collection. Maybe I could also meet Santa, The Easter Bunny, and other magical things that do not exist while I am there. That would indeed be worth the trip. Great idea, WYID.
Maybe been influenced by the fact that the OK state Governor, wants the Republican convention in the state. Obviously, the Trump campaign knows there is a high risk of catching the virus at the rally, or they wouldn't be requiring that everyone sign the liability waiver. You don't ask people to sign a waiver to do something safe. I don't understand what gnadfly means. Maybe he can clarify? Originally Posted by PillowPilot

It's called sarcasm. Democrats could care less that they changed their entire message of the necessity of social distancing until it was a "protest", then, not a peep. Now when Trump wants a "rally", Democrats are back to worrying about social distancing.

Pick a topic and clearly view the hypocrisy on display by the Democrats and they simply do not care that they are hypocrites.

White men with AR's in Lansing= terrorist and they should immediately be arrested.
Black men with AR's in Seattle= they have a right to peacefully protest.

Protest- no social distancing necessary.
Rally- you must social distance or you can't have it.

More than 10 people in a church.... Nope
Hundreds, thousands in a "protest zone"? Democracy in action.

Trump builds a wall.... Nope, racist.
BLM builds a wall... completely understandable.

Trump wants police to enforce order= bad
Seattle protests want militia to enforce order= perfectly understandable.

On and on and on it goes.
Wait. Doesn't Lucas live they and isn't he selling down his Henry collection? Just a couple random thoughts. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
I did not know that he lived in Oklahoma. I stand corrected. I would travel to Oklahoma to see his Henry collection. Maybe I could also meet Santa, The Easter Bunny, and other magical things that do not exist while I am there. That would indeed be worth the trip. Great idea, WYID. Originally Posted by smokedog01

i thought he lived in texas.
funny.. but really, I'm looking for good answers. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
And I'm looking for good questions. That one isn't even CNN worthy.