True Self vs. Fantasy Provider: Is it ok to just be myself?

I have noticed that majority of Providers draw a very bold line between their business and personal lives. I completely understand the importance of the intense degree of separation. But, because I don't allow my lives to cross, does that mean that I am not allowed to be myself? I mean, I truly, TRULY enjoy what I do, so why can't I just walk in and be me? I also wonder if it is best to not be myself for fear that it will seem as if I have some type of ulterior motives. I'm very open and extremely honest, sometimes maybe a little TOO honest. Would it be best to just remove myself personally from the situation and look at it as business? And if so, how can one who REALLY enjoys being a provider remove her personal self when that's what makes the hobby so fun for her, simply getting to be HERSELF? Sorry if this seems overanalyzed. I tend to do that sometimes, lol. Any comments/responses are welcomed! I've asked this question on a couple of other boards and got some really insightful opinions. I would love to hear from Providers and Hobbyists alike.