Newt Gingrich's 21st Century Contract W/America

Gingrich is making the most sense to me of all the current Republican field......he won't get the nomination but I like what he says and how he says it....particularly his challenge to debate Obama in a Lincoln/Douglass style forum...............none of the other candidates could make such a challenge; Obama would eat their lunch.........

Here is Gingrich's newst Contract With America. It has some good ideas.

Check it out.

http://www.newt.org/21st-century-contract-america
Does Newt contract include cheating on your spouse???? No all seriousness Newt is a true conservative and does have some great ideas- he does make more sense than Romney or Perry and certainly Cain- he and Huntsman to me should be the front runners- but sadly they are not- honestly WW- I want someone strong to challenge Obama because when you have someone strong it brings out the best in both candidates. A Newt-Obama debate would be great- but I think Newt has a little too much baggage and the media doesn't give him nor Huntsman the attention it gives Romney. I really don't see Romney beating Obama just my honest opinion.
No one cares. Gingrich is smart, but he will compromise his principles within minutes of taking office, which he won't.
A contract with america is just as stupid stupid now. The elected officials do not need a contract with America, they took an oath to defend the constitution. That's the only contract they need to adhere to.
A contract with america is just as stupid stupid now. The elected officials do not need a contract with America, they took an oath to defend the constitution. That's the only contract they need to adhere to. Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler
+1
Not the stupid Republicans, DFW5 Traveler! They ALL violated their oath of office by signing the "pledge" with that absolutely brainless Grover Norquist. On top of that most of them also took an additional "pledge" to never increase a single tax, especially on billionaires.

Those asswipes don't deserve ANYONE'S vote!.
Well, Stevie, you are right about those Republicans not deserving anyone's vote. I would just like to add that neither do the Democrats deserve anyone's vote.
Gingrich is making the most sense to me of all the current Republican field......he won't get the nomination but I like what he says and how he says it....particularly his challenge to debate Obama in a Lincoln/Douglass style forum...............none of the other candidates could make such a challenge; Obama would eat their lunch.........

Here is Gingrich's newst Contract With America. It has some good ideas.

Check it out.

http://www.newt.org/21st-century-contract-america Originally Posted by Whirlaway
On CWA, republicans under Gingrich did some things, but not a lot of it.

I don't think Gingrich is being serious with new CWA just as he was with the old CWA.
His previous contract is not with America (n) people but on them sothat he and his friends can make millions or billions
In the previous contract with American there was a pledge to cut spending and/or eliminate a large number of government agencies. By the time Bush and the Republicans lost power not one agency had been eliminated and the spending to all the agencies listed had their funding increase. Some contract.
  • Laz
  • 10-23-2011, 03:12 PM
While Gingrich was the Speaker of the House he reduced spending significantly. He did not get everything he wanted since he had to compromise with Clinton but they did better than any Congress since I can remember which is back to about 1980. Blaming him for what Republicans did in since 2000 is unfair since he was not there.

I am hoping things change and Gingrich gains support. I would love to see him and Obama debate. Obama had it easy in the last election against McCain. I dislike Perry and Obama would beat him easily in a debate, Romney could probably hold his own but has baggage of his own past policies, Bachman or Santorum are way to socially conservative to get there, Cain I like but I am not confident he will last, Ron Paul I also like but I do not think he could effectively communicate in the debate.
Gingrich has forgotten more history than Obama will ever know. If only Gingrich could be trusted to follow through on his ideas. That's the history that concerns me.
Gingrich has forgotten more history than Obama will ever know. If only Gingrich could be trusted to follow through on his ideas. That's the history that concerns me. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Gingrich was good at throwing bones to the base. Trusted? hell no, he can't be trusted period. he'd compromise his base if he thought he'd get points and peace with democrats
  • Laz
  • 10-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Gingrich would compromise if he accomplished most of his objective. Expecting the next president not to compromise is nuts. However, if you look at what he accomplished in the 90's you have to acknowledge he was effective.

Gingrich was good at throwing bones to the base. Trusted? hell no, he can't be trusted period. he'd compromise his base if he thought he'd get points and peace with democrats Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm