Is a vote for Ron Paul ... a wasted vote?

I like Ron Paul, I like his way of thinking. I want to vote for him, even if he doesn't have the Republican nomination. But other people tell me that a vote for Ron Paul is a wasted vote, what do you say?

This Romney guys doesn't convince me that much. I personally would rather vote for Ryan instead of Romney for President.
  • Old-T
  • 09-04-2012, 07:38 AM
It depends on which time line you look.

On the short term (i.e. who will be elected in 2012), yes it is.

In the longer term, if it grows over time to a loud enough voice that the 2 parties actually notice they do NOT speak for a lot of people, then yes.

We have developed 2 parties who have bundled too many planks in their platforms. The religeous thumpers have mixed their message of rigid ideology in with fiscal conservatism that makes it very difficult to support fiscal conservatism without feeling soiled as a human being. The social liberals--who I do believe are a majority in the US--have been tainted by some loons who have no comprehension of fiscal reality and think the world is made of gumdrops.

Those who are fiscal conservatives but social liberals really have no party to speak for them.
If that is who you really think should be President, it's not a wasted vote.
I think we should annex bits of Hawaii an make Ron Paul the president of it. I think that is the only way he will actually be president on American land.
It is if your vote results in a close election, or an election in which Obama wins.
depends on what state you are in....

ok feeling a need to vote for ron paul, who's underlying reasons to campaign for president were his ego and the full employment of all of his family members with rather generous salaries for more than several years using those donations the zombies sent him (and he did too for several cycles), reveals the mental state one is in...but i meant state as in one of the 50.

if you are in a solid red or blue state it doesnt matter, otherwise it could matter but i doubt it
  • Dawgs
  • 09-04-2012, 07:48 AM
I like Ron Paul, but this year I will be voting for Johnson. To throw a vote towards an individual may not be good, but to throw a vote towards a platform of ideas may be better.
  • WTF
  • 09-04-2012, 08:44 AM
In Texas you could vote for Robert E Lee and it wouldn't matter!
is ron paul on any ballot? I've a feeling that he isn't.

if he isn't on any ballot, well, in that case, its a wasted vote.
  • WTF
  • 09-05-2012, 06:58 AM
You can write him in,
A voter can't just go into the voting booth and "write in" a candidate name to vote....you show your ignorance, again. Every state has different hurdles that "write in" candidates must meet before being placed on the ballots...here is the Texas requirements for 2008 presidential election.

Texas
The candidate needs to submit the following to the Elections Division of the Texas Secretary of State:

1) A "Declaration of Write-In Candidacy" NOTARIZED for the Presidential candidate.

2) A "Declaration of Write-In Candidacy" NOTARIZED for the Vice-Presidential candidate.

3) 34 “Consent Of Presidential Elector Candidate For Write-In Candidate” forms. 34 registered voters in Texas need to fill out this form.

The candidate’s Declaration of Write-In Candidacy is filed with the Secretary of State along with the Vice-Presidential candidate’s form and the 34 “Consent” forms. The declaration may not be filed earlier than July 27, 2008, or later than 5:00 p.m. of August 26, 2008.

Elections Division
Secretary of State
P.O. Box 12060
Austin, Texas 78711-2060

You can write him in, Originally Posted by WTF
  • WTF
  • 09-05-2012, 08:30 AM
here is the Texas requirements for 2008 presidential election.

Originally Posted by Whirlaway
It is 2012

Texas
The candidate needs to submit the following to the Elections Division of the Texas Secretary of State:

1) A "Declaration of Write-In Candidacy" NOTARIZED for the Presidential candidate.

2) A "Declaration of Write-In Candidacy" NOTARIZED for the Vice-Presidential candidate.

3) 34 “Consent Of Presidential Elector Candidate For Write-In Candidate” forms. 34 registered voters in Texas need to fill out this form.

The candidate’s Declaration of Write-In Candidacy is filed with the Secretary of State along with the Vice-Presidential candidate’s form and the 34 “Consent” forms. The declaration may not be filed earlier than July 27, 2008, or later than 5:00 p.m. of August 26, 2008.

Elections Division
Secretary of State
P.O. Box 12060
Austin, Texas 78711-2060 Originally Posted by Whirlaway
http://writein2008.blogspot.com/search/label/Texas

Now if you are going to correct me , at least get it right. What you posted has to do with being a write in candidate.

My post was about voting for a write in candidate.

Do you see the difference?

If not go lick COGay asshole.
Let me WTF size it for you.........

You said "you can write him in".....you DID NOT say you can vote for a write in candidate.

Do you understand the difference ? I didn't think so.

It is 2012

http://writein2008.blogspot.com/search/label/Texas

Now if you are going to correct me , at least get it right. What you posted has to do with being a write in candidate.

My post was about voting for a write in candidate.

Do you see the difference?

If not go lick COGay asshole. Originally Posted by WTF
  • WTF
  • 09-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Let me WTF size it for you.........

You said "you can write him in".....you DID NOT say you can vote for a write in candidate.

Do you understand the difference ? I didn't think so.

What you posted had to do with being a write in candidate.

A voter can't just go into the voting booth and "write in" a candidate name to vote....you show your ignorance, again. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
[

Futhermore you can not walk back this lie. You can go into a booth and write a candidate's name. If that person has not done the process you posted, then your vote will not count. But you can write in Whirly if you want.

Every state has different hurdles that "write in" candidates must meet before being placed on the ballots...here is the Texas requirements for 2008 presidential election. Originally Posted by Whirlaway

Again , totally different matter.

Just say your sorry like a man and move on. We all get confused from time to time. You obviously did on this one.
  • WTF
  • 09-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Which states can you write in a presidential candidate on the ballot?

Rate This Answer

Nevada, South Carolina and Arkansas do not allow it. States such as Washington do not allow it if the person lost a primary.