Eccie review showing up in Google search.

Why when I search my providers phone number it pops up her review on Google it's not supposed to do that. That's the whole point of this site being having to be confirmed and all that other stuff.
I agree. Eccie should take the precautions necesssary to not allow their website and any contents therein to be found by a search engine. That is why everyone has a username and goes by a fake name on here, to remain anonymous to the real world.
Not only that, the blurb is usually content from our reviews. As you know, you fellas can get pretty descriptive. So, if anyone in our RW knows our provider name or phone number they can learn lots of "colorful" stuff about us with one quick Google search. I concur that reviews should not be able to be indexed by Google, but I'm not holding my breath.
that's how I got outed. someone was able to cross reference my eccie username with another username on a different website. Hence I had to change user names. But its also the reason I don't do reviews anymore, I simply write about them in areas that don't show up to the general public.
Why would they do that? From a business stand point it makes much more sense to allow google to show the site to new people. I believe there is a much bigger picture here. Just my thoughts.
Why when I search my providers phone number it pops up her review on Google it's not supposed to do that. That's the whole point of this site being having to be confirmed and all that other stuff. Originally Posted by Farflungfreak

Yes it is. ECCIE has always been searchable through google. ECCIE's a message board not a screening site.
run phone numbers or names and the same thing happens , and has for some time.