$60 bucks to park?!?

I will be visiting Chicago later this month and when I went to book my hotel (I plan on staying downtown in a 4 or 5 star hotel) I noticed that parking was $60 bucks per day!
When you see a provider at a downtown hotel ... is $60 what you normally pay for parking?

xoxo,
Brooke
I never go to Chicago or any place where the politicians are wanting me to pay for there graft. The 5 star hotels in Dallas, Austin, Houston and NOLA don't charge unless I ask for valet parking.
  • GBN94
  • 08-02-2013, 02:16 PM
I never go to Chicago or any place where the politicians are wanting me to pay for there graft. The 5 star hotels in Dallas, Austin, Houston and NOLA don't charge unless I ask for valet parking. Originally Posted by tucson
Good for you. You are special.

That wasn't what she asked though. Downtown hotel parking rates are higher than most stand alone parking garages. I am surprised though that they didn't quote you second price for hotel guests.
60 for parking is a bit high...but that depends on various factors such as day,events in the area,and location.However the average is 40 with in & out privileges.
Downtown parking has competitive pricing...I once spent 80 valeting my car in a night for downtown outcalls.
try http://spothero.com/chicago?gclid=CK...FelAMgodu2gA3A

That wasn't what she asked though. Downtown hotel parking rates are higher than most stand alone parking garages. I am surprised though that they didn't quote you second price for hotel guests. Originally Posted by GBN94
Thanks for the suggestion ... I should have asked that.

I think I am going to end up staying closer to my Nannie ... I found a upscale hotel chain that is known for 4 and 5 star ratings in Peoria, IL so I think that is where I will stay. Plus parking is free. I'm not really concerned with my cost, but I hate when my clients have to pay for parking.

I remember about 4 years ago my cousin purchased a condo in Boston and he had to buy his parking spot for 70K. I guess space is more limited on the east coast. The low cost of living in Houston and the wide open spaces in Texas really have spoiled me
We are indeed fortunate to live in a better environment. I think if I lived there I would park some place else where and take a cab but cabs are probably over priced also.
  • GBN94
  • 08-02-2013, 07:22 PM

I think I am going to end up staying closer to my Nannie ... I found a upscale hotel chain that is known for 4 and 5 star ratings in Peoria, IL so I think that is where I will stay. Plus parking is free. I'm not really concerned with my cost, but I hate when my clients have to pay for parking. Originally Posted by Brooke Wild
Peoria is two and half hours away. You'd be going for a completely different client pool if you are staying out there compared to staying downtown.

Providers staying even at shorter distances like Oak Brook and Ohare end up targeting different cross sections of clients. Personally for me, its a rare set of circumstances that have to come together before I would drive out to the suburbs to see someone.
  • NYr
  • 08-03-2013, 10:30 AM
I never go to Chicago or any place where the politicians are wanting me to pay for there graft. The 5 star hotels in Dallas, Austin, Houston and NOLA don't charge unless I ask for valet parking. Originally Posted by tucson
Ah, but those cities have a lot more space. Please stay in your forums then and not bash other cities.

Brooke: that is probably hotel parking overnight rate (though it seems a little high even for that). There are plenty of parking garages for gents to park at on an hourly basis which is cheaper. Chicago also has a mass transit system.

It is a part of life in a big city, not something to worry about what gents may think about it, they should be use to it.

If you do plan to go to Chicago, PM me and I will pass along some info for you as FYIs
Peoria is two and half hours away. Originally Posted by GBN94

Ahhhh, damn I just noticed that. My Nannie recently moved to Peoria and the main reason for my trip is to suprise her for her 90th birthday ... so that is the reason I decided to stay there ....

Would this be the correct area to post my ad for Peoria?

Thanks for all the help guys, you sure know how to make a girl feel welcome
Omgaaaah!! I was planning on staying downtown for my visit but that's crazy high! I assume my guests will not want to shell out an extra 40-60 for parking. This being said, where would be a client/provider friendly area? I've heard good things about O'Hare, but Chicago traffic as well so I dunno! Lol

Thanks in advance
I have not seen a provider in Chicago, but remember, many people in Chicago do not drive that much... they use taxi, public transport and walk. It might be less of an issue than you think.

You might want to consider Ohare at a hotel convenient to public transportation like the metra or the el.
  • NYr
  • 10-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Please don't bump threads more than 30 days old. I am closing this, but leaving additional posts to stay since there is useful info...everything 247spy says is accurate.