Facebook Friends You May Know

Does anyone here have a good handle on this works? I understand it is probably a calculation on who your current friends are and your friend's friends. However, a provider showed up on my suggestions with no mutual friends!! I was just browsing and saw her pic, and thought nothing of it then realized I was on FB not Eccie!

Anyone know how she would have appeared? Other than being from the same city (Dallas)? The name is her civie name too.

Has anyone experienced similar?
Yep. For the past 2 years I have had many pop up. A few of them we actually did have mutual friends.

Lately the same provider keeps popping up on mine. Privacy settings are a must.
Never seen any of eccie friends on FB.
If you use your phone for FB it will check your email contacts and contacts on your phone and give you suggestions off of that
For safety sake keep facebook friends and eccie friends separate...reasons SO, family etc.
I'm glad I ditched Facebook 2 years ago
  • Maxx
  • 08-26-2014, 10:03 AM
Don't have facebook or do I want it, for the reasons stated. The SO has her FB page and in order to message your friends you now have to download an app that wants access to your photos, contacts, phone log, location, internet searches, etc. etc., just so you can IM with your facebook friends. Nope, not giving up that much of my personal info.
Yes I noticed one of the provider's on here with the same handle & same pix as her showcase on her page. I'm guessing she's doing her thing on FB as well.
its your email contacts and people youve contacted, that i know for sure.
people ive bought stuff from or sold stuff too on craigslist pop up.
Facebook will SCREW YOU. Be extremely careful using the same phone you access this site /hobby email and google voice along with all your personal stuff too. Even though you dont use the same email for your personal facebook stuff it will STILL pull your contacts from the hobby email, google voice AND PERSONAL CONTACT LIST for suggestions. Been there done that, caught myself a stalker or ten that way. While we are at it, be extremely vigilant on the messenger app you have been forced to install if you wish to utilize the messaging feature via the facebook mobile app. ANY PERSON ADDED AS A FRIEND NOW HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PHONE NUMBER. Hell no. You can still access your facebook messages via chrome or any other web browser on your phone simply by visiting the site from there.