I dont understand

Why is it that 99% of ads say no texting?

Just wondering.
Burn phone. You gotta pay more $ for texting.
also there is an important difference between the spoken word and messages typed on a screen. Spoken words (unless recorded bia pre-authorized wiretap) vanish into the air never to be retrieved or documented. Not so with text messages. They live on in data bases forever and are forever recoverable. Recall the case of Elliott Spitzer
I can only speak for myself. There's a few different reasons why I don't text:

1. It takes up too much time. What can be said in 5 minutes through a call takes 20 minutes when texting.

2. If I accepted texts, I'd be texting all day instead of actually working or being productive.

3. I don't want any evidence in case your wife decides to have your texts pulled from the cell service. Yes, it can be done and has been done. I don't like those calls from some guy's wife.

4. This is the most important one......I hate texting.

I personally don't have time to sit around responding to texts all day. I don't understand why guys just can't call? But, then again even when it says no texts, I still end up getting texts because most guys just look at the picture, number and don't read the rest of the ad.

I can understand guys wanting to be discrete, but that's when a hobby phone comes into play.
I can only speak for myself. There's a few different reasons why I don't text...

4. This is the most important one......I hate texting. Originally Posted by MsElena
+1
Mostly I think it's the saved data of texting. If there is an LE issue it will be available. Also I am like Elena in that I have large hands that don't hit the keys very well and just hate texting. I did not mean Elena has large hands lol
Thanks, everyone.

Lots of things I didn't think of, but make perfect sense.

The main reason I asked is because it seems as though, a lot of providers want a phone call on initial contact, and then texting seems to be welcomed, if not preferred.

But again; thank you, for your answers.
For a while it seemed you could hardly get a date w/o texting. Some even did the 2call via text. Now that was fun - NOT! Driving down the road trying to find unfamiliar landmarks and a text comes in from the lady. How the hell do you answer a text while driving unless you're a teenager? Even then it's not safe. LOL

I finally stopped attempting to see any provider who wanted a text up front and I started putting in my initial email that I do not text.
Yet another reason to hate texting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWtDpGM36J8

Funny huh?
Well said