Hourly Private Jet Vendor of Choice

Hmmmmmmm. Interesting.
I need a private flight for my son and I. We wanted a small aircraft, not a big one. It's his first flight.
I wanted to get one $200 - 250 or less. Waco Tx To DFW. then..back.
2-3 hours* later. Originally Posted by Zena
Heh

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/09/inst...-private-jets/
I also like FlexJet, but remember to research the cost. For Example - Miami (MIA) to Los Angeles (VNY) flight time 5.2 hours, light jet $21k, mid jet $24k and heavy jet $33k cost. It is not cheap but when time is more important than money, it is a great way to travel...
I also like FlexJet, but remember to research the cost. For Example - Miami (MIA) to Los Angeles (VNY) flight time 5.2 hours, light jet $21k, mid jet $24k and heavy jet $33k cost. It is not cheap but when time is more important than money, it is a great way to travel... Originally Posted by Johnrubbit
Friend of mine’s son had to do a ‘Brewsters Millions’ type of homework assignment. I told him instead of flying commercial, his son should lease a jet, to spend his million dollars around the world. At that time, it was based on $5.00 a mile.
The good old days.
May be a midlife crisis but don't judge me, LOL.

So I've considered Net Jets because I'm a huge groupie of Buffet (Tortoise vs. Hare approach to investing) and it was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway several years ago. I recently hit up the googler and came across even more cost efficient options.

In my experience typically there are trades, one gives up cost for better service and vice-verse not to be confused with the saying, "you get what you pay for". This is by no means a linear relationship. From your experience, what is your vendor of choice for a pay as you go service? (privatefly, deltaprivate, netjets, etcs...)

-TAD Originally Posted by TheADream
Chartering a private jet is fun to do once - but if you fly even semi-regularly and don't want to deal with security theater, consider buying your own plane. You can buy a Cessna 182 (one of the best planes out there) for less than the cost of a middle of the road Porsche. 40-80 hours of flying to get your license, and the ability to go anywhere you like, when you want.
  • CJ7
  • 02-24-2017, 02:41 PM
Hmmmmmmm. Interesting.
I need a private flight for my son and I. We wanted a small aircraft, not a big one. It's his first flight.
I wanted to get one $200 - 250 or less. Waco Tx To DFW. then..back.
2-3 hours* later. Originally Posted by Zena

you can pick up a Jet Card .. they start at $50,000.00.

or get to be really good friends with someone that owns a plane

Chartering a private jet is fun to do once - but if you fly even semi-regularly and don't want to deal with security theater, consider buying your own plane. You can buy a Cessna 182 (one of the best planes out there) for less than the cost of a middle of the road Porsche. 40-80 hours of flying to get your license, and the ability to go anywhere you like, when you want. Originally Posted by TravelingGentleman
Good feedback I was going this route for a while learning to fly prop planes and all but then i thought. "This is a lot of responsibility." Plane maintenance and safety before every flight is a pain. Its not like getting in your car to get groceries. And theres the stress of air traffic control TFRs etcs...

I want to sleep, drink, party, hobby etcs... between far destinations can't do that if im captain. I will still fly props for sport but im thinking timesharing a jet to keep cost low and remove the stress of tsa lines etcs.

Sport flying im looking at a single seater aircraft.
May be a midlife crisis but don't judge me, LOL.

So I've considered Net Jets because I'm a huge groupie of Buffet (Tortoise vs. Hare approach to investing) and it was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway several years ago. I recently hit up the googler and came across even more cost efficient options.

In my experience typically there are trades, one gives up cost for better service and vice-verse not to be confused with the saying, "you get what you pay for". This is by no means a linear relationship. From your experience, what is your vendor of choice for a pay as you go service? (privatefly, deltaprivate, netjets, etcs...)

-TAD Originally Posted by TheADream
Enjoy
(Psst ... she's back.)
(Psst ... she's back.) Originally Posted by chicagoboy

I hear that
JetSmarter is great to use

also... FortressJets is AMAZING! i personally love them,

Im from NYC just moved TX, i mainly use FJ from NYC to Cali, or i get free flights to Vegas.
Gulfstreams are nice. Hawkers are too