R.I.P.-To His Royal Badness!!

We lost an icon today!! May Prince rest in peace!!
His music will live forever!!
Fell free to name your favorite songs...

Just to name a few of mine, Sometimes It Snows In April, Sign 'O The Times,
Purple Rain, Let's Work!!

He was a genius!!
He was a great artist and musician.
Tragic he passed away so young.
He had so much more left to give to the world. He will surely be missed.
He was an amazing man in every regard, a brilliant musician, mentoring new talent, and so much more. Oh what fun I had dancing to his music!
RIP Prince. :-*
Sad day......great artist.
Yes a man who could rock ANY soul with his music..
Favorite...Prince song..I'll say the whole Dirty Mind album....Partyup..RIP
Apparently 2016 is turning out to be the year the music died...... but dont fret, we still have kanye, miley, and every other autotuned "artist" out there...... pfft...

RIP Prince.....truly an original.....there will be never be another..... talking it over today with friends we likened it as such.."so is this what our parents felt like when Elvis died?"....

There was another video on the net of the original performance of Purple Rain at First Avenue in 1983....it must have been taken down, this one was put up today and will likely be taken down at some point..... enjoy the very first performance of Purple Rain.....
definitely one of the best songs of the 80's, if not all time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYKMis5uFv8
Runkle I'm not sure if it is still up. I tried the link but it didn't work.
I keep thinking that this is just some strange nightmare and it really isn't true that he is gone.
With some of the greats who have passed, you could sort of see it happening in slow lotion so it wasn't that all of a shock, especially those who were sick and you kind of expected they would die, or the ones who were abusing(I.e....Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse) But this was totally shocking.
I can't even really watch footage yet because it keeps depressing me.
Runkle I'm not sure if it is still up. I tried the link but it didn't work.
I keep thinking that this is just some strange nightmare and it really isn't true that he is gone.
With some of the greats who have passed, you could sort of see it happening in slow lotion so it wasn't that all of a shock, especially those who were sick and you kind of expected they would die, or the ones who were abusing(I.e....Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse) But this was totally shocking.
I can't even really watch footage yet because it keeps depressing me. Originally Posted by Dakidone69
I feel your pain man.

Someone on Twitter said something to the effect of...we don't cry over musicians because we feel like we know them, we cry because their music helped us know ourselves. Prince is my ATF performer and IMO The Greatest. VERY few artists in history have been able to arrange their own music because they play every instrument, write their own songs, sing every note because their range is so vast, and basically tell the record industry to fuck off. NONE have been able to do it rocking heeled boots with assless chaps.

Truly an icon.
Houston AMC theaters are playing Prince this weekend

http://abc13.com/entertainment/purpl...ekend/1305417/
Asigarillo....I couldn't have said it any better than the way you did.
"Purple Rain" is one of the best albums of all-time in my opinion. It still holds up. Although he lost me after that (especially with all of that "Lovesexy", " Batdance", and that "symbol" stuff) there's no denying the man's talent and impact.

R.I.P. - Prince.
Discontinue the $20 bill and replace it with a $19.99 bill...http://i.imgur.com/ukryy2j.jpg?1