Chez Zee

• Paven
  • 03-09-2011, 10:23 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any intel on this restaurant? Is the food as good as the pictures suggest or is it a bait and switch place? LOL Nah I'm really serious I want to know.
I have been there a few times but for breakfast only. Actually was there just this past Saturday. I like the atmosphere and plenty of choices. I hear their desserts kick ass too!

Sixx
Yr
I was wondering if anyone had any intel on this restaurant? Is the food as good as the pictures suggest or is it a bait and switch place? LOL Nah I'm really serious I want to know. Originally Posted by Paven
I love their Canadian eggs Benedict for brunch. Creme brulee dessert is top notch.
I love their Canadian eggs Benedict for brunch. Creme brulee dessert is top notch.
  • Paven
  • 03-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Actually austinkboy you're the reason I'm inquiring. I saw you mention it in another thread. I think their eggs benedict sounds divine, I must investigate further . I can't recall the last time I had a creme brulee.
If you consider bait and switch a mediocre outside, but quality stuff inside, then yes.

Good place, good food. +1 on the Creme Brulee.
  • Paven
  • 03-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Oh I was just being funny about the way I worded it. Kind of like how you guys do when investigating lol.
Chez Zee is definitely a quality establishment. Have had brunch and dinner there several times. As mentioned, save room for desserts since they are right up there as the best around.
  • 03-10-2011, 08:17 AM
The creme brulee French toast is wonderful. All the breakfasts I've ever tried there have been really good. I like a lemonier Hollandaise than generally gets served in Austin; they're happy to bring me a couple of lemon slices to squeeze over my eggs Benedict. I don't think it's bain Marie or Joy of Cooking Hollandaise, but for blender sauce it's very good. They don't know any variations, don't ask.
Everyhing I've ever had there has been damn fine. Must concur on the creme broke French toast...outstanding.
it's a fine place to go eat.
  • Paven
  • 03-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Ok I'm in!
  • Wired
  • 03-10-2011, 11:19 PM
+1 for the dessert menu... Have eaten dinner there once or twice, but continue to go back for desert.
I officed across the street for a year and ate there 3 times a week or more....

I weighed about 80lbs less before finding the desert menu!
  • Paven
  • 03-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Ok this just in. My friend took me today for a belated birthday brunch. First off the croissant with strawberry whipped butter was amazing! I had the lobster benedict with fruit and that was amazing as well! I ordered the lemon rosemary cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert. I took one bite and was so overwhelmed with goodness I literally kissed the cake and my friend burst out in laughter because I guess it was hilarious to see. Needless to say we laughed til we were crying and had the best time. Half the cake came home though because they don't skimp on pieces and I didn't want to go into a cake coma lol. So I just want to say thank you very much to austinkboy for unknowingly making me aware of this place. I will be back for sure but not for awhile. I also want to thank everyone for chiming in and letting me know of their experiences there. Mmm Mmm Good!