another mystery text

The thread about Tango Cash brought this back into my memory. I received a text from a local STL area code to get an app here; di_co_ercircle>com/download?sms=1 in mid October, with spaces left to keep it from being a cut and paste. Here is the kicker it was addressed to an old handle that I no longer use with two errors??? The only traces of this handle are some old TER reviews that I am aware of. Naturally I never replied, visited the website or attempted to download any app. Has anyone else had an issue like this? If so is everyone getting the text in their area code? Sorry if this has been covered in the past.
Tango Cash was a NJ area code, I'm in KC.
Bots, malware on servers, account hackers/thieves; there are all kinds of explanations for being contacted by someone you do not know.

And believe it that our corner of the world does have it's problems when it comes to account hackers and thieves. Can you imagine one of the review sites (does not matter if the account is free or pay for an upgrade) yelling publicly that their servers got hacked and they lost XX# of account datasets.

The hackers (criminal element from around the world) are now setting their sites on smart-phones in a similar fashion as they would do with email and attachments or links.

Do some searching and reading on the Silk Road takedown. There was some interesting examples of what could be purchased from that site and other sites on the Dark Web.

Always, always, keep your technology and communication security tight!
Never, ever answer an email or text from an unknown sender.

And for God's sake never, ever use GMail in the hobby.
Ok to avoid the S-storm for the above comment, there are plenty of articles on why GMail is not good for this world of ours.
Bots, malware on servers, account hackers/thieves; there are all kinds of explanations for being contacted by someone you do not know.

And believe it that our corner of the world does have it's problems when it comes to account hackers and thieves. Can you imagine one of the review sites (does not matter if the account is free or pay for an upgrade) yelling publicly that their servers got hacked and they lost XX# of account datasets.

The hackers (criminal element from around the world) are now setting their sites on smart-phones in a similar fashion as they would do with email and attachments or links.

Do some searching and reading on the Silk Road takedown. There was some interesting examples of what could be purchased from that site and other sites on the Dark Web.

Always, always, keep your technology and communication security tight!
Never, ever answer an email or text from an unknown sender.

And for God's sake never, ever use GMail in the hobby.
Ok to avoid the S-storm for the above comment, there are plenty of articles on why GMail is not good for this world of ours. Originally Posted by jframe2
so what other free email service do you recommend for this hobby world?

Gmail is not perfect but if you set it up right, use a burner android phone you can link a sterile Gmail account to a burner phone which points to nobody.
can you please enlighten us in better hobby email providers and why you are not a fan of gmail?

too much conflicting information out there on the topic to sort. some pro some con. sorry not a techie. just have a generic email account with a generic name with generic messages ie., setting up appts. nothing real specific no pics but it is linked to eccie pms

its on my iphone too but i always empty everything on it and on the computer. all items including trash are deleted after the conversation. If there is a safer way please advise.
Thanks!
I'm curious too about gmail. I use yahoo for hobby .and only use it on android prepay cell. Haven't has NY problems. Yet!
I'm curious too about gmail. I use yahoo for hobby .and only use it on android prepay cell. Haven't has NY problems. Yet! Originally Posted by kiki2012
Not yet. Lol