Post Hurricane Irene Check--How's everybody doing?

What a week! First the earthquake, then the hurricane. Seeing if everybody else made it through alright.
Doing good. I think we can all agree it could have been a lot worse!

I can't believe as big and powerful as Irene was she couldn't put out the Dismal Swamp fire!!!
Lol. I think the dismal swamp fire is here to stay.
  • DinDC
  • 08-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Everything ok here! Just a couple of trinkets tipped over in the china cabinet (not broken) with the earthquake. No problem with Irene. Just waiting for that "3rd time's a charm" thang to come along...lol.
It definitely could've been a lot worse!

The last hurricane that ripped through here bent some traffic lights and traffic signs at sharp angles from the ground. The US has had more powerful hurricanes slam into its coast, causing more damage.

Some people were disappointed at Irene, they should've been relieved that it wasn't worse.

Around the same time we got that hurricane, a typhoon slammed into Southeast Asia, causing more damage and destruction. I've been through those... They're larger and stronger than a hurricane... many tend to take their sweet old time.

EDIT: Welcome to the board "Another_Schnitzengruben?" Quires otra salchicha grande?
What a week! First the earthquake, then the hurricane. Seeing if everybody else made it through alright. Originally Posted by herfacechair

I'm pretty sure you predicted all this back on the bjforums, right?
Honestly I was a bit disappointed to find out it was an earthquake and not ME who made the earth 'move'.

All in all Irene wasn't TOO bad, but I'm thinking my big old pecan tree has seen better days. Took us 2 days to clean up the yard!! The house in NC had significant damage, but the insurance will take care of that! And Kudos to Dominion for getting the power back on in 22 hrs!
Yup, I did predict increasing earthquake activity as well as increasing violent storm activity... all symptoms of us transitioning into an ice age. My projections are still holding.

This winter is going to be colder, longer and more vicious than normal... again. It's already on the march.

I predicted all this, on your message board, back in 2008.
I'm pretty sure you predicted all this back on the bjforums, right? Originally Posted by LadyBJ
It snowed in northern Minnesota today. It didn't stick to the ground, but it snowed. I predicted something like this on your forums as well.

Summer doesn't officially end till Thursday next week.

Right now, those living from New England to the US Northwest, are going to be in for a brutally cold winter. That's before we factor in the blizzard and other types of snow storms they'll be getting.

That's not the only part of the country that'll be seeing cold and snow records. The midwest and west will be next in line to see those records.

We might see a winter storm or two in this area this winter.

My predictions still hold.