Barney Frank's Open Seat

Was skimming past radio stations today, and heard Rush say that Barney Frank's seat is wide open. That was funny.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...for-reelection

It will be good to have that clown out of there.

Was rush interested in Barney's seat?
Sounds like it. Did not know Rush swung that way . . . his listeners should be shocked.
Was skimming past radio stations today, and heard Rush say that Barney Frank's seat is wide open. That was funny.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...for-reelection

It will be good to have that clown out of there.

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I heard that he quit when someone told him he had been redistricted and wouldn't be able to get mandates anymore
LOL! I don't know how Rush swings, but he was excited about it!
Barney was going to be reelected, but had about 350k new members in his district. And he had done most of what he came to DC to do. Early indications are Joseph P. Kennedy III may be interested in the seat. Good choice.

And the great thing about the deal is seeing Wall Street have to deal with Maxine Waters as the ranking Democrat on the Banking Committee. That should be a hoot!!!
  • Laz
  • 11-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Talk about going from dumb to dumber.
And the great thing about the deal is seeing Wall Street have to deal with Maxine Waters as the ranking Democrat on the Banking Committee. That should be a hoot!!! Originally Posted by TexTushHog
I agree, that should be funny as hell!

If we can't get good policy from all these clowns, we ought to at least be able to enjoy some good entertainment.

(Sort of an expensive entertainment package, though!)
  • WTF
  • 11-28-2011, 04:44 PM
How did she ever get elected!
Her district is mostly Inglewood and Hawthorne, CA. It has only about 10% whites, although it has more Hispanics that African Americans. DPI is probably 80% or so.
  • WTF
  • 11-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Her district is mostly Inglewood and Hawthorne, CA. It has only about 10% whites, although it has more Hispanics that African Americans. DPI is probably 80% or so. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
I understand how a person of color could get elected from that district , just not her!
I understand how a person of color could get elected from that district , just not her! Originally Posted by WTF
We have a black congresswoman here in Houston named Sheila Jackson Lee.

She was on a congressional committee assigned to oversee NASA. She went to visit a NASA facility working on the Mars rover. She asked one of the engineers if they were able to find the flag that Neil Armstrong left up there.

She's in an inner city district with probably 90% black and Hispanics. She'll never get voted out.
I understand how a person of color could get elected from that district , just not her! Originally Posted by WTF
They want the most liberal rep that they can find. And she had deep roots in that community through her work on the LA city Counsel or Commission (whatever it's called).
But she is as dumb as a box of rocks. And as corrupt as a Teamster. Yep, a Democrat.
Talk about going from dumb to dumber. Originally Posted by Laz
dumber? I think you mean dumbest!