provider asked me to bring protection via text, should I be concerned?

Subject pretty much says it all...scheduled an appointment with a provider, everything went well, then at the end she throws in "could you please bring protection" for a next-day appointment. I'm very careful to never get into discussions of physical acts and specific services via any method of communication...and this isn't quite that...perhaps I'm being paranoid. Also, every other provider I've been with provided the protection...is it odd to ask the client to provide it? Provider in question is about as reviewed and reputable as it gets. Hope I am not working myself up over nothing.
It is weird that she would ask you that for a next day appointment. Maybe not red flag weird, but she can't get condoms in the intervening 24 hours? I don't know that that is one of the behaviors of a reputable provider.
I would not go....or get her on the phone and ask phone to phone why she isn't "ahem....prepared?" (without mentioning the words condom or protection)....or "why she needs YOU to bring...'stuff'"?
Don't do it. Run for your life.

A provider who shows up to work without condoms is like a plumber showing up without his tools.
I just dont understand... she cant, as a provider, PROVIDE protection? so yes, to me this would be a red flag. Just think, what about the other clients she said this to... she doesnt sound too concerned about her safety and others...
Wow i have ask someone to bring them, if they say they dont feel comfortable ill go..But the only reason i ask is b/c when the guy cant get there___, or cant get it up the first thing they say is the protection was to small, to lose or whatever ..so to solve it some i ask that are known the ones that are not ill provide
No doubt babygirl is right.
If the provider profs up a magnum
and the client can't fill it out?
She stocks up on ultrathins
and a baby mule shows up.
It's not so simple.

Me thinx youse a teeny bit paranoid.
Not like shes a LEO just young.
I always have a variety of protection and never ask anyone to bring their own.
Me doesn't think she's a LEO either, but it is possible that she was busted recently and might be trying to set folks up.

I'd wait a few months to see her...if it was the above situation, hopefully you won't be the sucker. If it was just because she didn't have time to go to the store, well hopefully the loss of this appt. might help her get her dicks in a row.......err..ducks in a row.
... the loss of this appt. might help her get her dicks in a row.......err..ducks in a row. Originally Posted by tia travels
Originally Posted by Lil Oral Annie
...Actually, the definitive sign you've reached ROCK BOTTOM is when you print a poster calling an orangutan a chimpanzee.

(No offense to Little Oral Annie. It was the guy who worded the poster.)

And gfehunter, I wouldn't worry about the faux pas. Just roll with it but keep your eyes and ears open before you get there.
Or (maybe) leave the "personal protection" in the car at first, and carry in a cheap dust mask (3-pack for a buck at the dollar store) - and if asked, "I thought were going to talk but maybe she has a cold?"

OK, I know - wrong answer. Just could not resist. None of us ever sets out to do anything illegal.

Be careful out there.
Thanks for the responses everyone. FWIW I canceled the appointment after finding out she did not actually communicate with any of my references.
Thanks for the responses everyone. FWIW I canceled the appointment after finding out she did not actually communicate with any of my references. Originally Posted by gfehunter
Listen to those same warning bells for the rest of your hobby career and you'll be OK. Good work. I would have done the same thing.