How do I get rid of a phone stalker?

Any suggestions for dealing with a phone stalker who is RELENTLESS? This idiot has my hobby phone number (I never saw him, he was never a client). He has been texting me for over 7 months now. He uses tracphones, and sometimes changes his number. I threatened to turn him into LE for harrassment and he stopped for a while but is back at it today. I phoned him back and left him a very nasty message threatening him again and he left another childish text afterward. I have an idea for ultimate revenge but won't disclose it here in case he reads my posts. I'd really appreciate viable suggestions, please. He is the coward type, too chickenshit to say anything verbally. Just texts like the troll he is.
btw, he is not an eccie member fyi. Just a Backpage troll with psychological problems.
Get a new number and then DO NOT publish it in your advertising, go to email only for first contact.
Only give your number out after they have passed screening.

Google Voice is probably your best bet, assuming you have a smart phone.
http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html
Get a new number and then DO NOT publish it in your advertising, go to email only for first contact.
Only give your number out after they have passed screening.

Google Voice is probably your best bet, assuming you have a smart phone.
http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Hell, you don't even need a smartphone for Google Voice to work. You could also use some alternate phone system (vumber or vnumber whatever it's called comes to mind) or, simply block text messages.
Cinderbella,
Sorry for your stress. There are indeed some unhinged individuals out there.
Everyone has given you some reasonable suggestions, but I would like to add that you should document these contacts in some manner and keep that information with someone you trust.

Some other ideas-
- contact a woman's shelter for some guidance.
- file a police report ( I know not a favorite thing to do from our hobby world)
- keep your current number but also get a completely new phone for business use only. Do not advertise this number at all. But do not disconnect the old number, just let the idiot keep sending messages and keep documenting the messages.

ABOVE ALL DO NOT REPLY TO THE IDIOT! That is usually what drives them on.
Good luck
btw, he is not an eccie member fyi. Just a Backpage troll with psychological problems. Originally Posted by cinderbella
If you advertise on Backpage with no phone number, e-mail contact only, you will get very few calls. Backpage guys are typically impulsive with small windows of opportunity. They see an ad they like and want to make the call and get their nut quickly. And screening is unheard of in that world.

You can get a lot of quick easy money off Backpage, but you also stand the risk of running into the nut cases and trolls. Maybe you should reconsider using Backpage; stop using it and see how much your business drops off.
Trynagetlaid has a couple of good points. If you decide to continue using BP try running your ad up to a week in advance and require prebooking with 2 references or verification service for first time visitors. If you have a website you can require booking through your site. This should take care of your phone stalker and BP trolls who have objections to screening.
Get one of your close male friends (preferably someone named Tony, Joey, you get the idea) and book an appointment with your troll......if he shows up, "inform" him that he needs to stop.
I am so sorry to hear about that.

If it is a disposable phone you may be out of luck if it is with a halfway decent provider you can log into your account and block the number for 3 months. My phone company allows upto 12 numbers to be blocked and for an extra fee they will offer more. You can call you phone company and they can walk you through it in most cases.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.

(hugs)

Jason
a.post his # on a gay site , so hell get harassed.

b.get mr.number if you have a smartphn.
block him there.lv a brief anonomyous note about him.for other users

c.have your cell.carrier block.his #
a.post his # on a gay site , so hell get harassed. Originally Posted by evagodiva

Ok, that's funny as hell right there!
There is software for blocking numbers, I assume you have a smart phone like most people do these days.

You can also block him if you log into to your account or by calling your provider.

Good Luck.
Get one of your close male friends (preferably someone named Tony, Joey, you get the idea) and book an appointment with your troll......if he shows up, "inform" him that he needs to stop. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Espionage is stalking on steroids...LMFAO! I don't think I'd recommend the Tony approach. Poor Tony might wind up in a whole shit pile of trouble.
Gay approach looks to be the best. Also, post his # on CL - under a variety of services !!
post his number on craigslist under the ad free yorkie puppies his phone will literally explode