Police are in front meeting spot. Would you walk away?

Newbie question. I am not the most paranoid person but I do try to be safe. Sometimes the weird situations that this hobby presents are fun and interesting. What would you do in my recent situation. I set up an in call with a provider I hadn't seen before. She has mostly positive reviews, is exotic and looks hot as hell. We texted about her availability and set up a meeting time later in the evening. She asked for a referral. I passed - she txt'ed me her location at at nice highway type hotel. I was really looking forward to hanging out and had plenty of cash in my pocket to stay extra if we hit it off. I arrive about five minutes early. As I pull into the hotel parking I'm shocked to see two police cars beside the entrance.

I cautiously keep moving and make a pass around the hotel. Listen, I've already passes go and don't want to be freaked out by two cops on break or something. Besides the two near the entrance, there are two in back, one on the side and one cruising the parking lot! I took a deep breath and exited. I circled the block to get back to the highway and think about the situation. On the side street there were another two black and white police cars sitting side to side talking. The idea that this is way to obvious for a sting crossed my mine. Like a dumb ass, I pulled back into the hotel and parked. As soon as I put it into park, one of two cars from the side entrance rolls by and takes a look at me. This pretty much freaked me out. I txted the girl and said, I don't know how to say this but there are police crawling all over your hotel parking lot. I'd rather be safe than sorry. With that, I was out of there and on the highway.
I was happy not to be in an uncomfortable situation with LE but feeling bad about bailing on the girl. I pictured her up in the room clueless of the police crawling all over the hotel parking lot. I called and explained the situation outside her hotel. Surprisingly, she did not understand my concern. She asked, do you have something to hide or are you from "Americas Most Wanted?" She wasn't being sarcastic. I was calling out of concern for her and alert her of the situation at her location. She didn't think it was a problem. I told her that I have nothing to hide but don't want to walk into trouble. I hadn't seen her before and I didn't like the situation at her hotel. I offered help her out on the room charge if she booked it explicitly for me. She said this is her normal location and they know her there, she has 20 reviews and that there isn't a problem. That may be all well and nice but I wasn't going back! How was I to know if her last client didn't go bad or if she got turned? Was I right to bail? What would you do?
I believe I would have done the same thing. Obviously, something was occurring or about to occur at or near that location. Now the possibility that it was centered around you is highly unlikely. They would not have that type of LE presence just for a small time misdemeanor, however when we are doing something illegal, we all get a little paranoid and feel that everyone is looking at us. Personal safety and preservation are paramount in my book, and if I had seen the clues you had seen, I would have called and cancelled. However, I would not have called from the parking lot of the said hotel. I would have been down the road. As far as the provider, I can't imagine she didn't understand your dilemma. I think a very kind apology, offer to assist with the room and possibly a reschedule would have been graciously accepted. However, you have to look out for your self first. I think the paranoia got to you, but I feel you probably did the same thing I would have done. Better luck next time!
Yeah Lunytunz, It felt good to walk away unscathed. Your right about not contacting from the parking lot. I did feel like a scared dumb ass after the cop stopped hard in front of my car and gave me a cop look. I can defiantly add LE outside providers location as a "turn off." Big head trumps little one.
Likely nothing to worry about, they were very likely there for a totally unrelated matter. If you had just parked and walked in like this was someplace you had been many times, they probably would have hardly given you a look.

In the end, you have to go with your gut and if your Spidey senses told you to be careful you did the right thing by not proceeding. Advising the SP and offering to compensate in some way are good things to do as well.
I have a question? Were you familiar with the area of town to know if it was a bad or good part of town? It may be some-what normal for them to hang around locations in bad parts of town. I don't blame you for leaving. Better safe than sorry. It's best to follow your first mind. But from a provider's point of view. I would understand if you called and alerted me of the situation outside. I would probably get a little paranoid and freaked out also and not want to leave my room. lol On the other hand, maybe she thought you were just making up an excuse to not show up.
I don't blame you. Very nice of you to offer donation for the room!
Personally, if there was that much LE activity around the Incall, even though logic would suggest that it has nothing to do with me being there, I would leave rather than take a chance. The key thing is how much you have to lose if the police start messing with you.
She sounds like a dedicated officer of law enforecement trying to get you to come back.
kinda like the little fishy that got away. Spend all day trying to catch it again.
You should always go with your gut feeling.
If I were going into an outcall meeting or was at my incall room and seen that many officers and cruisers I most certainly would have left too!!
I would have bolted also and you tried to be nice by offering to compensate her for the room but I'm thinking she may have been L.E. If a client called to tell me that the place was crawling with cops I would've said thank you and promptly packed up and checked out. My business would be non existant for the day probably anyway so no sense in taking a risk. Bite the bullet and get a room down the road.
I was in a similar situation before but it was only 2 cops at the main hotel entrance and one was on foot and the were looking for somebody. I knew odds were they weren't there for me, but what if. I'd hate to be the cocky dumbass that rolls past a couple of patrol cars to meet a provider only to find out there really was a sting going on. I can see the article in the paper now "Dumbass sees police in parking lot and still visits prostitute......" Like Haven said cut your losses, you can live to fight another day.
[QUOTE=clitlicker7;2191116]"Dumbass sees police in parking lot and still visits prostitute......"
I saw myself in that headline clitlicker7. Seen too many episodes of COPS and had just read a Huffinton Post link about the guy who put 5 bags of weed through the jail security check point while visiting.
@Chloe Love
I wasn't familiar with the area. This was a Wyndam hotel. Not really a bad part of town but rumors are these interstate hotels are targets for drug trafficking. Generally, I think that hiding in plain sight is a good thing.
I had a police officer in front of my incall (not related to me, but rather a nearby neighbour) and I still canceled my appointment that day even after driving over an hour. Better safe than sorry.