cold weather comfort food....

What is your favorite cold weather comfort food?

Have spent the day making a huge pot of chili, simmering on the stove, and just pulled a pan of brownies out of the oven......heaven.......

Hey, its Friday night, I am single, yet I felt like staying home all day and cooking and baking; the cold drizzly weather makes you want to stay in with your favorite comfort foods.....

If I don't respond back in this thread, it is probably due to the fact that my English Springer dogs (3) are eyeing the brownie pan and I swear they are formulating a plan of attack at any moment, and I realized I am standing in between the brownies and the dogs.....

Lets hear what you enjoy the most for a cold drizzly day.......
Lets hear what you enjoy the most for a cold drizzly day....... Originally Posted by runswithscissors
hummmm, what I enjoy most on a cold drizzly day ISN'T food. But I can work up an appetite!

Ok, I'll play! Soup or chili usually hit the spot. I also sip on lots of hot tea when the temperature drops.

I hate when it gets below 70 unless I'm on a ski slope! BURRR!
Tess
  • Paven
  • 01-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Clam chowder
Hot chocolate with whipped cream
Maybe not together though lol.
Clam chowder Originally Posted by Paven
In sourdough bread bowl.

I hate when it gets below 70 unless I'm on a ski slope! BURRR!
Tess Originally Posted by Topshelf Tess
  • Paven
  • 01-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Oh yes I forgot the bread bowl! How silly of me .
Chili is always good and soup is great anytime
chicken soup with long grain wild rice. nothin better on a cold day....cept maybe a warm woman
  • 01-15-2011, 08:54 PM
I dump a side of brown rice into a bowl of Hao Hao's hot and sour soup; ahh....
mmmm, hot and sour soup.....that sounds great;

Although I am having a very difficult time keeping my eyes off of Tess and Pavens avatars....maybe a plate of brownies and slip under the covers?

The dogs and I have come to an agreement.....I keep the brownies and they get half the chili on the condition I make a pot roast with rosemary potatoes with lots of gravy for Sunday.....

Am I the only one who gains weight in the winter?
caldo de pollo with homemade tortillas
homemade beef stew with cream corn cornbread
hot coco
chai tea
Pot roast with whole black mushrooms, pablano pepper and garlic. Cooked until the meat is disintegrating in its own natural gravy. Served over lightly stir fried noodles seasoned with a dash of chiu chow pepper sauce (nice afterglow on the taste buds). Wow, that turned out to be a good breakfast this morning.

More often then not, its home made chili though.
In no particular order:

Gumbo (seafood or chicken/duck and sausage)
Carne Guisda
Chicken and Dumplings
Red Beans and Rice
Baked frito pie, yum!
  • Paven
  • 01-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Call me crazy but I have always liked ice cream in the winter as well as the other seasons. I love licking a cone.
Baked frito pie, yum! Originally Posted by Sexy Roxanne
I had forgotten all about that one!! Tonight's the night!!