Haven't You Heard?? Rape is Caused By Drunk Women.

This absolutely infuriates me. NEVER is rape the fault of the woman. I don't care how pretty you put it. RAPE is when a woman does NOT give consent (or is unconscious). That is NOT an open invitation to rape someone. People that think it's the victim's fault need mental help themselves. I know some providers have been raped and I know they would try to blame us because of what we do. Where is the humanity? Being providers does not make us deserve to be raped or treated any less than other humans.

http://www.smudailycampus.com/opinio...ce-risk-factor
  • Laz
  • 11-08-2013, 02:05 PM
This absolutely infuriates me. NEVER is rape the fault of the woman. I don't care how pretty you put it. RAPE is when a woman does NOT give consent (or is unconscious). That is NOT an open invitation to rape someone. People that think it's the victim's fault need mental help themselves. I know some providers have been raped and I know they would try to blame us because of what we do. Where is the humanity? Being providers does not make us deserve to be raped or treated any less than other humans.

http://www.smudailycampus.com/opinio...ce-risk-factor Originally Posted by Malaya
The article is just saying that women should not place themselves in a risky position. It is not saying it is their fault. While it is true that a woman should be safe even if she is passed out drunk it is not reality. That is no different than me walking in a less safe part of town waving cash. While I should not be robbed it is likely that I will be. It is not my fault I was robbed but it is my fault I did not use common sense.
Interesting, so the article states that perpetrators can't be the only ones to take the blame and unless the victims or more precisely their actions share the blame then "young college women will never learn that there is a way to help prevent these kind of acts"

I'm not buying it.... I do think that blaming and further stigmatizing a victim would only serve to condition victims not to come forward in fear of being blamed.
Yeah... I don't agree with that at all either. Just because I'm wearing a certain style of clothing, or have had some alcohol does not serve as an invitation to come force yourself on me. I do agree though that people need to be cognizant of the situations they put themselves in. You will never see me at a party wasted. Or a club. I like to be aware of what is going on.
  • Laz
  • 11-08-2013, 09:01 PM
You will never see me at a party wasted. Or a club. I like to be aware of what is going on. Originally Posted by Tracy Auburn
The criminal is always the only guilty party. However, what you stated is critical. It is silly to put yourself at risk.