Testing

With all the threads I have seen on STD's I wonder how often do you get tested and do you get a complete work up? I personally get test once every 2 months and I mean a complete work up. just curious about the rest of you? How often you have a check up because it this hobby you are only at risk for STD's but other diseases that you can get without having sex. I can name a few TB.Flu.pneumonia just to name a few but than you can get them almost anywhere at anytime. If I even think I am coming down with a cold or not feeling well I will reschedule to prevent someone else from getting sick. I would rather lose a date than knowingly risk someone else health.
yep, i get a complete blood screening and physical 4 times a year. next one is the 10th of this month.

LOL .... here's how to select a doc for a physical, look at the size of his nostrils ..... if they're big , run !!!
  • LynnT
  • 06-07-2011, 09:55 PM
I go every couple months or sooner if I feel I need to, I know my body.

The clinic here in Syracuse does a full work up no matter what except HIV that is optional. That test I get a few times a year or if I feel at risk for it, condom broke, etc. So far so good in this job for that! (knock on wood lol) Its happened with civvy men in the past.

Oh and they dont test for herpes unless you have a sore they can scrape to get cells to test for the HSV-2. Most places dont test for that.. you would have to go to a private Dr for HSV-2 tests. (In NY anyways)
here's how to select a doc for a physical, look at the size of his nostrils ..... if they're big , run !!! Originally Posted by PAPA JOE

Maybe us old guys are the only ones who get that one Joe!

Maybe us old guys are the only ones who get that one Joe! Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
+1, CC

LOL .... most won't get the joke there !!
i will admit that went over my head and thru my legs...
+1, CC

LOL .... most won't get the joke there !! Originally Posted by PAPA JOE
i will admit that went over my head and thru my legs... Originally Posted by Irish Vixen
Mine too lol
I go regularly & probably more than most cause I'm a health freak, the one I go to is an "express" place , it's faster than most but it's $350 for the whole 9 yards , but peace of mind is worth it
They do everything, poke me, piss me, swab me , if they ever have a guy nurse I'm going to expect more !!! Lol

Maybe us old guys are the only ones who get that one Joe! Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
I got it. And that's why I see petite female doctors only.
LOL .... here it is,

the size of a doctors nostrils are proportional to the size of his fingers. the larger the nostrils , the larger his fingers, supposedly from picking his nose. when us gents get a prostate check ..... the huge fingers go up our butt.

LOL, this can be erotic, in certain situations, when a lady does it .... but not a man .... with huge fingers !!
yep, i get a complete blood screening and physical 4 times a year. next one is the 10th of this month.

LOL .... here's how to select a doc for a physical, look at the size of his nostrils ..... if they're big , run !!! Originally Posted by PAPA JOE
FOUR TIMES PER YEAR??? I have never heard of anyone doing that. Most insurance providers cover ONE per year. I get one per year and blood screening every six months for life insurance purposes. Hey... are you seeing a HOT female doctor???

The first proctologist I had an appointment with had pictures of him in college in the waiting room. He was a pole vaulter. I got the hell out of there!
  • LynnT
  • 06-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Mine too lol
I go regularly & probably more than most cause I'm a health freak, the one I go to is an "express" place , it's faster than most but it's $350 for the whole 9 yards , but peace of mind is worth it
They do everything, poke me, piss me, swab me , if they ever have a guy nurse I'm going to expect more !!! Lol Originally Posted by Sweet N Little
SnL they dont have a STD clinic in your area? They have one here, the county runs it, very strict and by the book, and free. Most counties/cities have one. They run a full batch except HSV-2. (unless you have a lesions open)

I also stock up on condoms there, they have them in bowls all over like candy on Halloween. lol It great.

At our clinic here they also give you a number, not name calling in the waiting room..
Most insurance providers cover ONE per year.
Hey... are you seeing a HOT female doctor???

The first proctologist I had an appointment with had pictures of him in college in the waiting room. He was a pole vaulter. I got the hell out of there! Originally Posted by Still Looking
you are correct, the insurance pays for only one. the others are at my expense. i have a friend that's a GP, he cuts me a deal.

LOL, i do wish it was a female doctor !!!

i don't blame you about getting out of there !!! LOL
When getting a prostrat exam, its OK to feel one hand on your shoulder but NEVER TWO!