Places to eat

Any good Chinese food around Des Moines I'll be here for a few days open to other good places...
Aroy-Dee is awesome but its Thai, Lao and Vietnamese. Best Pho around.
Le's Chinese Bar-B-Que on 2nd is good.

If you like sushi, my favorites are Sakari and Wasabi Che

or there's my house
Thanks hunny
Your house huh???? ����
Do you doubt my culinary abilities or that I have a house
Lol I was thinking not doubting lol... We ended up got to the hibachi it wasn't bad...
If you like bbq, Jethro's is the place to go. Now granted it is not as good as Texas bbq, but it is good.
If you like bbq, Jethro's is the place to go. Now granted it is not as good as Texas bbq, but it is good. Originally Posted by finman56

well the ONLY thing better than Texas bbq is my SO's bbq! lol

Hope you have fun in Iowa...I luv them boys there...especially the two above!
Lol I was thinking not doubting lol... We ended up got to the hibachi it wasn't bad... Originally Posted by Amanda A'mor
hibachi, you can do better than that. Trust me. I went to Tokyo Steakhouse

well the ONLY thing better than Texas bbq is my SO's bbq! lol

Hope you have fun in Iowa...I luv them boys there...especially the two above!
Originally Posted by DallasRain
Um, being from Kansas City, the BEST BBQ is KC BBQ, specifically Joes Kansas City BBQ. But ya Jethros is pretty good. Ive never had D's SO's BBQ probably cause I always got my hands on her.

Amanda, here's a link to some of DSM's finest

https://www.movoto.com/blog/opinions...s-restaurants/
i always hear Cool Basil for Thai

also have heard from a friend for South Asian there is a new Nepalese restaurant called Kathmandu Restaurant. he took a business associates there lately and its been a home run. it's hard for parking, and its on the SE part of DSM, but if you got a few hours and want to try something out of the box...
French Baru 66, American - granite city, Italian on the south side Barattas, east side Latin King, west Biagiis, downtown DSM Centro...Django was great but closed for remodel. Delivery pizza and Italian west suburbs of Des Moines Sarpinos downtown Fongs. West Side BBQ Jethros, downtown Micky D's. downtown sandwiches South Union Bread. Breakfast - Waveland Cafe. Mex - Monterey
Mmm jethros rocks
French Baru 66, American - granite city, Italian on the south side Barattas, east side Latin King, west Biagiis, downtown DSM Centro...Django was great but closed for remodel. Delivery pizza and Italian west suburbs of Des Moines Sarpinos downtown Fongs. West Side BBQ Jethros, downtown Micky D's. downtown sandwiches South Union Bread. Breakfast - Waveland Cafe. Mex - Monterey Originally Posted by The_baron
I love Centro. I was there last month. However, our waiter told us Django (owned by Centro) was having to relocate due to the remodel of the hotel they are in.
What about specific places over by the state fairgrounds?
What about specific places over by the state fairgrounds? Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter

How specific?

Latin king is good

If were back to Asian food TNT, but it's not by the fairgrounds but only 10 min away