wakeup's thread hijacking

I pretty much agree.....They have been really fair with me when I tipped-toed on the fine lines. I think (in general) they look at the big picture. EC does an amazing job at choosing fair mods.

I saw your post before you got points, and frankly it looked like you were taunting. I have sparred with wakeup a few times, but I have not found him to be unfair. he had stated "get back on topic", and your taunt itself was off-topic.

I think the Mods generally speaking, are a forgiving bunch. if I was in charge, I would ban about 7-8% of all the accounts on ECCIE. that is my unscientific conclusion regarding the number of flat-out Trolls and ne'er-do-wells on this site, the number that never contributes a morsel of worthy comment. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Of course it matters. This very thread is questioning the legitimacy of not rules enforcement but erroneous enforcement. From what I can see (from when you started all this) you asked a question based off one user public complaint and then said ok are you sure. Then said ok that's the way it will be. Had nothing to do with rules on the books but rather annoyance at complaints. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
I’m very sorry that you see it that way, but every sentence you just typed is incorrect. Have a nice day.
Should this thread be moved to the comedy forum?
  • Old-T
  • 09-27-2018, 05:17 PM
I just read this thread. Pretty amazing.

I disagree with Wakeup about the majority of topics, but I have found that as a mod he has greater patience than most. I may not agree with his decisions on when to cut off discussion, but as far as I have seen he always gives a very clear "that's enough" signal.

Mods are mods, and when a mod says "that's enough" and a person persists--well, it should be no surprise when they get wacked. I cannot complain about that aspect of W.

I moderate forums on two other boards and have learned a lot by watching W moderate here.
I just read this thread. Pretty amazing.

I disagree with Wakeup about the majority of topics, but I have found that as a mod he has greater patience than most. I may not agree with his decisions on when to cut off discussion, but as far as I have seen he always gives a very clear "that's enough" signal.

Mods are mods, and when a mod says "that's enough" and a person persists--well, it should be no surprise when they get wacked. I cannot complain about that aspect of W.

I moderate forums on two other boards and have learned a lot by watching W moderate here.
Originally Posted by Old-T
So Wake-up is your roll model? Interesting..........
  • Old-T
  • 09-27-2018, 05:46 PM
I suspect you are making a poor attempt at being humorous with that post.

But in case you are serious, no, not a role model, but then I have found I can learn useful things from both allies and adversaries.
but then I have found I can learn useful things from both allies and adversaries.[/COLOR][/I] Originally Posted by Old-T
I hope I'm not hijacking the thread when I say I'm pleased to see you properly use the phrase "then I have found", as opposed to "then again I have found..."

so many people use "then again" improperly, and I take note when I see someone who does not fall into that improper usage.